It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Asset deleted in RAM, but it is still shown in search result

Venu Konatham (345) | asked Jan 24 '13, 10:27 a.m.
Hello,

We have been cleaning up some assets. All the assets were removed fine and not shown up in the search result except one (even after 2 days). The asset is searchable even with Unique ID. It seems some problems with updating indexes for this asset.

But when click on the asset link to see the details the following error is shown " Asset with ID 419C7CA4-74BD-EAA8-7DBF-843BECF34A98 and version 2010.08.17-08:55:14 not found."

The "Asset index builder schedule:" in advacned configuration page is set to 30 seconds.

Can someone please suggest on how to get rid of this asset ?

5 answers

permanent link
Roy yu (411) | answered Mar 12 '15, 9:51 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
   The link to this workitem is https://jazz.net/jazz02/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/122099

permanent link
Lilian Galicia (645) | answered Mar 12 '15, 7:47 p.m.

Thanks a lot Roy.

One more question: Do you have the Defect number or some reference about this issue?  Ask just for following the fix results.

Regards.

permanent link
Roy yu (411) | answered Mar 12 '15, 5:38 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Lilian,

This is a known product defect and we are working on it. It is because the asset is deleted from database but the index record is still there. That's why you click the link and got "Asset not found". Currently the only solution to clear the index record is to do a rebuild. We are also working on another solution which allows you to delete this record directly without doing a full rebuild of index.

Roy

permanent link
Lilian Galicia (645) | answered Mar 10 '15, 7:07 p.m.
Hello,

Is there an answer about this case or any reference that can give me an idea of why this happens and if there is a solution? 

Exactly the same error appeared to me twice and has been applied is to run the builder index manually.

Thanks and regards

permanent link
Rich Kulp (3.6k38) | answered Jan 24 '13, 10:49 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Get the support logs and take a look at the ramJobServerDebug.log file for around the time of the delete. There may be a problem with the indexing.

Also check the Administration->Tools->Partially indexed assets link. The asset may be showing up there as an error in trying to index it. It may given a reason why.

Last resort, depending on how big your repository is, would be to rebuild the index.

Comments
Venu Konatham commented Jan 24 '13, 10:27 p.m.

Richard,

Thanks for the quick reply.

1. It's not exists in the partially indexed assets.
2. We have 12000+ assets in the repository. So, rebuild takes a lot of time, I suppose...

I will check and send the logs at the time of deletion...

Thanks,
Venu 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.