It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

State Groups for Different Workitem Types

Canberk Akduygu (99237371) | asked Jan 24 '13, 7:26 a.m.
edited Jan 24 '13, 7:26 a.m.

Hi,

I have two teams which will use the same RTC Project Area. Every team has its own workitem type. They are both going to use Kanban and taskboard views.

Onew group want that their State Group as "ToDo,InProgrees,Completed" and the other team want them to be "New,In Progresss,Resolved,Verified,Closed".

As far as I understand State Groups are not specific to workitems, they are common definitions. So whenever I add all State Groups, every team's Kanban View contains all states.

Is it possible to customized state group in Team Basis?

One answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Jan 24 '13, 8:02 a.m.
State groups ARE specific to workitems.   our Defect group is different than our Story group.
but not across teams.

State groups are specific to workitems in a project.
so different projects could have different configurations.

if you wanted one team to have a different process model (state groups), then they would have to use a different project configuration.

Comments
Canberk Akduygu commented Jan 24 '13, 8:37 a.m. | edited Jan 24 '13, 8:39 a.m.

Hi Sam,

How do I define the state group for team areas? I know that permission,operation behaviour can be customized for team areas but I haven't seen any option for workitem customization. Can yoou help meachieve this problem?

Whenever I add a State Group to a workflow. It's also added to the other workflows too.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.