It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error while accessing the RQM Dashboard: "You do not have permission to view this dashboard"

Rajesh Avanthi (10815138173) | asked Jan 24 '13, 1:26 a.m.
retagged Feb 26 '15, 1:12 a.m. by Vidhya V. Kumar (5011)
One of the user has RQM 4.0 deployed on AIX server with DB2 and WAS. This is a single setup server.
Among several users (who are able to access the the project area and dashboard successfully), 2 users (added recently to the project area with
JazzUsers Permission ) are unable to access / view the RQM dashboard.

They are getting the following error:

"You do not have permission to view this dashboard"
The owner of this dashboard has not granted you access to view it. If you believe you should have access to this dashboard, contact the owner to request.

These 2 users are already the member of project area and are assigned QM Professional License and Developer License.

Any inputs please.

Thanks

One answer

permanent link
Fariz Saracevic (904613) | answered Jan 24 '13, 6:16 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Rajesh,

It is not enough just to provide user project access and assign lic. They need to have sufficient permissions. Read this article and it will help you understand what is going on Permissions. Hence, you will either need to give him different role or change role permission for all users.

In my experience, I would be careful in changing role permissions. You do not want to provide permission to everyone to make dashboard changes. 

Comments
Rajesh Avanthi commented Jan 24 '13, 6:57 a.m.

Thanks Fariz
The user in picture is already been assigned the Test Team Member role.
I believe By default, all project level permissions and team level permissions are assigned to the Test Team Member role only.

Rajesh Avanthi commented Jan 24 '13, 6:58 a.m.

Additionally, if the user tries to access mini dashboard, they get the following:

You do not have permission to create a mini dashboard. Please ensure that you have the  JazzUser repository tole and the appropriate license.

Error 403: CRJAZ1394E The user ID is not a member of any Jazz J2EE role but must be a member of one to access the repository

Fariz Saracevic commented Jan 24 '13, 7:22 a.m. | edited Jan 24 '13, 7:25 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Did you verify if user has JazzUser repository permission? User can go into his profile under "View my profile and licences" to verify which repository permission is assigned. It is under repository permissions.

I suspect issue is that Test Team Member role does not have rights to modify dashboard. You will need admin rights to make update to the role, if this is path you want to proceed.

Here is specific topic where you need to go into Modifying Permissions.

Li Chen commented Jan 24 '13, 10:44 a.m.

I recently encountered a similar problem.

In RQM v2, when we 'close' a project area we uncheck all the permissions of all roles. By doing so, all users still have read access to dashboard and to all work items.

In RQM v3 and V4 we did the same thing, then we realized that users could not even get access to the dashboard. The error message is the same as what Rajesh got.

My question is whether there is an easy way to set read only permission. Thanks.

Rajesh Avanthi commented Jan 25 '13, 6:03 a.m.

Interestingly, we have a set of users imported from LDAP.
Among these users most of them have been assigned the "Test Team Member" role and "JazzUser" repository permissions.
However couple of users are not able to view the dashboard whereas the others with same role and permissions are able to.

When these users, who are unable to view the dashboard are given JazzAdmin privileges they are able to access and view the dashboard. The "Project configuration" and "Team Configuration" permissions are set the same for all the users imported and part of the project area.

Guido Schneider commented Apr 23 '14, 5:27 a.m.

What was the solution?

I have a similar problem with 406. A fresh installed system.
JazzUsers are not able to open the Dashboards, neither a project dashboard nor the personal dashboard.

They can create workitems, show plans etc. But no dashboard access. Always this error described above by Rajesh.

Mike Brouwers commented Feb 10 '15, 9:11 a.m.

So apparently to have access to the dashboards, the users need to have access to the JTS application.

Personal dashboard link in your user profile menu brings you straight to the JTS application.
When migrating from tomcat (which allows access to all applications) to WAS (where access to an application has to be specifically set in the security settings of the deployed war).

Give the user JazzUser permissions on the JTS.war and problem solved.

showing 5 of 7 show 2 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.