It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problem Updating help content for CLM

Karl Weinert (2.0k52736) | asked Jan 23 '13, 10:44 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
retagged Jan 23 '13, 2:41 p.m. by Hadar Hawk (1882214)
I'm following the Updating help content without an internet connection section of the admin guide but I can't seem to get it to recognize the updateSite.zip.
When I "enter or browse to the location of the local updateSite.zip file" it continually shows a popup that says "Select a Site.xml file"
I've tried unzipping updateSite.zip and selecting the site.xml file directly with the same results.
(the screen shot below shows after unzipping the updateSite.zip

I'm using RTC 4.0 on Tomcat and the CLM4.0_updateSite.zip file.

Comments
Millard Ellingsworth commented Jan 23 '13, 2:33 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The Administering help content for web products indicates 3 modes for configuring help. Are you attempting to use mode #2 or #3?

FYI: Your link to Updating help content was not working (had a long &resultOf argument that was keeping the page from rendering, at least for me), I updated your post to fix it. 

Karl Weinert commented Jan 23 '13, 2:54 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I was following step 2. Part d is where I see the problem.

One answer

permanent link
Hadar Hawk (1882214) | answered Jan 23 '13, 2:41 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
There is a work around for local help installation for CLM 4.0.1.  Please see https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/DocInstallAllHelp.  Please let us know if you have any questions or comments.

Comments
Karl Weinert commented Jan 25 '13, 9:00 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Is this a known issue? I wasn't able to find any existing defects.

Hadar Hawk commented Jan 25 '13, 10:53 a.m. | edited Feb 28 '13, 11:57 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Alex Fitzpatrick commented Feb 28 '13, 12:14 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Note that I logged help.war available for public download does not work with local content (239682) in November, and you own it Hadar.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.