IBM Engineering Workflow Management
Task tracking · Source control · Agile planning
IBM Engineering Workflow Management 7.0.1 SR1
ELM 7.0.1 SR1 iFix018 is available with Log4j2 updates. This interim fix requires full installation and is the prerequisite for future interim fixes. For more information, see IBM Support portal.
For customized upgrade instructions for your environment, use the Interactive Upgrade Guide:
- If you are upgrading from version 6.0 or later, see Upgrading to version 7.0.1.
- Upgrading from a version 5 release to a version 7.x release is a two-step process. First, you must upgrade your server to the latest fix pack of the version 6 release, start the server, and ensure that the upgrade is successful. Then, you can upgrade to the version 7.x release. For details, see Upgrading from version 5 to the current version.
- Before you upgrade to release 7.0.1, review the ReqIF defects. See the IBM Support Notes for more details.
For a list of changes in the installation and upgrade process from 7.0.1 to 7.0.1 iFix018, see IBM Support portal.
For a list of changes in the installation and upgrade process from 7.0.0 or earlier versions to 7.0.1 iFix018, see the ELM 7.0.1 Installation and Upgrade Notes.
If you upgrade to this release, be aware of the following items:
If you are upgrading from release 7.0 to 7.0.1, you must apply the latest available 7.0 iFix before running the repair tool (repairVersionsWithIdenticalTimestamp) command.
If you used the Configuration Management feature of the IBM Engineering Requirements Management - DOORS Next application or the IBM Engineering Test Management application prior to version 7.x, there might be more than one version of an artifact in a configuration with the same timestamp. This could lead to ambiguity when determining the correct version of an artifact in a baseline. Before you upgrade to version 7.x, run the repotools -repairVersionsWithIdenticalTimestamp command for each application. For more details, see Repository tools command to repair versions with identical timestamps for details.
- If the ELM applications to upgrade are co-located in the same WebSphere Application Server profile or WebSphere Liberty, you must upgrade all the applications at the same time.
- The required runtime environment and preferred server versions for the ELM applications are as follows:
- Java 8 with WebSphere Liberty 184.108.40.206
- Java 8 with WebSphere Application Server 9 (9.0.5 recommended)
Note: Do not use Oracle JDBC driver 220.127.116.11.0 because this version of the driver contains a defect. For details, see repotools -createTables command fails with ORA-01000 on Oracle 12 on the IBM Support Community page.
- You must obtain new licenses for version 7.x applications if you are upgrading from any version 6 release. Version 7.x applications do not work with version 6.x licenses. However, version 6.x applications work with version 7.x licenses.
- If you use the Lifecycle Query Engine for reporting on Engineering Requirements Management DOORS Next, you might have to reindex the data sources after the upgrade. For details, see the Interactive Upgrade Guide.
- If you upgrade to version 7.x from a version 6.0.2 or later release of Engineering Requirements Management DOORS Next, the Interactive Upgrade Guide instructs you to query for whether artifacts have more than one current version, and, if so, to run the -repairMultipleVersionsMarkedAsCurrent repository tools command before the upgrade. This command addresses a known issue where concurrent changes to an artifact can cause version issues in configurations. The -repairMultipleVersionsMarkedAsCurrent repository tools command is available in 6.0.5 and in interim fixes of the earlier version 6 releases. For versions 6.0.2 through 6.0.4, you must apply the interim fix that contains the command before you can run it:
- 6.0.2 interim fix 013 or later
- 6.0.3 interim fix 008a or later
- 6.0.4 interim fix 003 or later
If you run the query and it detects more than one current version of an artifact, but the -repairMultipleVersionsMarkedAsCurrent repository tools command is not available, do not upgrade to version 7.x.
- If you upgrade from 6.x to 7.x, you must rebuild the full-text search indexes because the Apache Lucene full-text search engine was upgraded to a more recent version. For details, see ELM 7.0.1 Installation and Upgrade Notes.
Base paths are not included in the commands generated by the interactive upgrade guide
The upgrade commands that are generated by the interactive upgrade guide do not always correctly include the base paths that the user enters. This affects all applications.
For example, if you select JTS and RM as the applications to upgrade, you must enter the full path of the previous installation directory and new installation directory in the following fields:
Previous JTS installation location
Previous RM installation location
JTS version 7.x installation location
RM version 7.x installation location
The base paths might not be included in the commands generated by the interactive upgrade guide.
In the preceding example, when you enter the base paths, the upgrade commands are generated similar to the following:
JTS upgrade command
upgrade\jts\jts_upgrade.bat -oldJTSHome "\server\conf" -noPrompt -noVerify -noStepPrompt -noEditor -noResumePrompt
Note that in the line, cd \server, the path is not prefixed with the value entered for JTS version 7.x installation location.
Also, note that the -oldJTSHome value is not prefixed with the path entered for Previous JTS installation location.
RM upgrade command
upgrade\rm\rm_upgrade.bat -oldApplicationHome "\server\conf" -newJTSHome "\server\conf" -noPrompt -noVerify -noStepPrompt -noEditor -noResumePrompt
Note that in the line, cd \server, the path is not prefixed with the value entered for RM version 7.x installation location.
Also, note that the -oldApplicationHome value is not prefixed with the path entered for Previous RM installation location.
If the generated interactive guide does not include the full paths in the commands, make sure you modify the paths for the commands to work correctly when you perform the upgrade.
Important points to note when you upgrade IBM Engineering Requirements Management - DOORS Next
General recommendations when you upgrade to 7.0.1