IBM Engineering Test Management
Quality management · Manual testing · Continuous improvement
IBM Engineering Test Management 7.0.2
For customized upgrade instructions for your environment, use the Interactive Upgrade Guide:
- If you are upgrading from version 6.0 or later, see Upgrading to version 7.0.2.
- Upgrading from a version 5 release to a version 7.x release is a two-step process. First, you must upgrade your server to the latest fix pack of the version 6 release, start the server, and ensure that the upgrade is successful. Then, you can upgrade to the version 7.x release. For details, see Upgrading from version 5 to the current version.
For a complete list of changes to the installation and upgrade process, see the ELM 7.0.2 Installation and Upgrade Notes.
If you upgrade to this release, be aware of the following items:
For a successful upgrade and to reduce temp dbspace consumption, make sure you refer to the Oracle 12.2 settings in Understanding DOORS Next sizings in ELM 6.x to estimate timings when upgrading to DOORS Next 7.x.
If you are upgrading to version 7.0.2 from an earlier release and have associated EWM releases with global configurations, you must import release links into the GCM application as described in Adding release links in global configurations. If you do not perform this step, incoming links from work items might not be displayed correctly in the IBM Engineering Requirements Management DOORS Next and IBM Engineering Test Management after upgrade.
If you are upgrading from version 184.108.40.206 to any newer version of 7.x, you must apply the latest available iFix of the newer version before running the repair tool (repairVersionsWithIdenticalTimestamp) command.
If you used the Configuration Management feature of the IBM Engineering Requirements Management - DOORS Next application or the IBM Engineering Test Management application prior to version 7.x, there might be more than one version of an artifact in a configuration with the same timestamp. This could lead to ambiguity when determining the correct version of an artifact in a baseline. Before you upgrade to version 7.x, run the repotools -repairVersionsWithIdenticalTimestamp command for each application. For more details, see Repository tools command to repair versions with identical timestamps for details.
- To understand DOORS Next sizings in ELM 6.x and to estimate timings when upgrading to DOORS Next 7.x, see the Deployment wiki.
- Before you upgrade the DOORS Next application, make sure you verify the Jena index.
- If the ELM applications to upgrade are co-located in the same WebSphere Application Server profile or WebSphere Liberty, you must upgrade all the applications at the same time.
- The required runtime environment and preferred server versions for the ELM applications are as follows:
- Java 8 with WebSphere Liberty 220.127.116.11
- Java 8 with WebSphere Application Server 9.0.5
Note: Do not use Oracle JDBC driver 18.104.22.168.0 because this version of the driver contains a defect. For details, see repotools -createTables command fails with ORA-01000 on Oracle 12 on the IBM Support Community page.
- You must obtain new licenses for version 7.x applications if you are upgrading from any version 6 release. Version 7.x applications do not work with version 6.x licenses. However, version 6.x applications work with version 7.x licenses.
- If you use the Lifecycle Query Engine for reporting on Engineering Requirements Management DOORS Next, you might have to reindex the data sources after the upgrade. For details, see the Interactive Upgrade Guide.
- If you upgrade to version 7.x from a version 6.0.2 or later release of Engineering Requirements Management DOORS Next, the Interactive Upgrade Guide instructs you to query for whether artifacts have more than one current version, and, if so, to run the -repairMultipleVersionsMarkedAsCurrent repository tools command before the upgrade. This command addresses a known issue where concurrent changes to an artifact can cause version issues in configurations. The -repairMultipleVersionsMarkedAsCurrent repository tools command is available in 6.0.5 and in interim fixes of the earlier version 6 releases. For versions 6.0.2 through 6.0.4, you must apply the interim fix that contains the command before you can run it:
- 6.0.2 interim fix 013 or later
- 6.0.3 interim fix 008a or later
- 6.0.4 interim fix 003 or later
If you run the query and it detects more than one current version of an artifact, but the -repairMultipleVersionsMarkedAsCurrent repository tools command is not available, do not upgrade to version 7.x.
- If you upgrade from 6.x to 7.x, you must rebuild the full-text search indexes because the Apache Lucene full-text search engine was upgraded to a more recent version.
- When you upgrade the Engineering Lifecycle Management application, make sure you preview your theme and verify that it works. The theme might have to be updated in the new version of ELM.
Oracle 12.2 settings for a successful upgrade
Associating releases with global configurations
Important points to note when you upgrade IBM Engineering Requirements Management - DOORS Next
General recommendations when you upgrade to 7.0.2