IBM Engineering Test Management 7.0 M2 Milestone
Early Access Milestone | May 28, 2019
This is not the recommended version. We recommend IBM Engineering Test Management 7.0 RC1. This is made available for archival purposes and may contain bugs and/or security vulnerabilities. If you do download this version, it is being provided AS IS, without warranties of any kind, including the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. We strongly advise you review the support pages for this version and update the product or take actions recommended therein. Security bulletins contain instructions for the security vulnerability addressed therein, and may require upgrading to a newer version. Link to security vulnerability blog: IBM PSIRT blog.
For customized upgrade instructions for your environment, use the Interactive Upgrade Guide:
- If you are upgrading from version 6.0 or later, see Upgrading to version 7.0.
- Upgrading from a version 5 release to a version 7 release is a two-step process. First, you must upgrade your server to the latest fix pack of the version 6 release, start the server, and ensure that the upgrade is successful. Then, you can upgrade to the version 7 release. For details, see Upgrading from version 5 to the current version.
If you upgrade to this release, be aware of the following items:
- If the ELM applications to upgrade are co-located in the same WebSphere Application Server profile on WebSphere Liberty, you must upgrade all the applications at the same time.
- The required runtime environment and preferred server versions for the ELM applications are as follows:
- Java 8 with WebSphere Liberty 18
- Java 8 with WebSphere Application Server 9
Note: Do not use Oracle JDBC driver 184.108.40.206.0 because this version of the driver contains a defect. For details, see repotools -createTables command fails with ORA-01000 on Oracle 12 on the IBM Support Community page.
- If you are upgrading from a version other than 6.0.5 or later, or will now use WebSphere Liberty or a version of Java that was built after April 2017, after you upgrade your server to 7.0 you must obtain updated licenses from the IBM License Key Center to replace your current licenses. If you previously used floating, token, or authorized user single install licenses, install their updated versions. Your existing user license assignments are kept during the installation of the updated licenses. For details, see the upgrade instructions in the Interactive Upgrade Guide.
- If you use Lifecycle Query Engine for reporting, you might have to reindex the data sources after the upgrade, depending on which application and version you upgrade from. For details, see the Interactive Upgrade Guide.
- If you upgrade to version 7.0 from a version 6 release of Engineering Requirements Management DOORS Next, the Interactive Upgrade Guide instructs you to query for whether artifacts have more than one current version, and, if so, to run the -repairMultipleVersionsMarkedAsCurrent repository tools command before the upgrade. This command addresses a known issue where concurrent changes to an artifact can cause version issues in configurations. The -repairMultipleVersionsMarkedAsCurrent repository tools command is available in 6.0.5 and in interim fixes of the earlier version 6 releases. For versions 6.0 through 6.0.4, you must apply the interim fix that contains the command before you can run it:
- 6.0 interim fix 014
- 6.0.1 interim fix 015
- 6.0.2 interim fix 013
- 6.0.3 interim fix 008a
- 6.0.4 interim fix 003
If you run the query and it detects more than one current version of an artifact, but the -repairMultipleVersionsMarkedAsCurrent repository tools command is not available, do not upgrade to version 7.0.
- If you upgrade to 7.0, you must rebuild the full-text search indexes because the Apache Lucene full-text search engine was upgraded to a more recent version. For details, see Work Item 467854.
- If you upgrade to this release, new links to existing data in IBM Engineering Requirements DOORS Next might not be displayed. For details, see Work Item 129400 and Work Item 129403.
- Upgrading Engineering Requirements Management DOORS Next to version 7.0 might be slower than expected if you are also upgrading other applications with databases on the same database server. For details, see Work Item 128542.