IBM Rational Team Concert
Task tracking · Source control · Agile planning
Rational Team Concert 5.0.1
Upgrading to Rational Team Concert 5.0.1Before you upgrade
If you plan to upgrade to 5.0.1, be aware of the following issues:
- Upgrading to version 5.0.1 is supported for versions 4.0 and later.
- The version of Apache Tomcat that is bundled with this release of the CLM products does not support NIST SP 800-131 strict mode. If you require strict mode and must upgrade, use IBM WebSphere Application Server.
- If the CLM applications to upgrade are co-located in the same WebSphere Application Server profile or on Apache Tomcat, you must upgrade all the applications at the same time.
- If you use CLM version 4.0 or later with DB2 9.7 or SQL Server 2008, you must upgrade to DB2 10 or SQL Server 2012 before you upgrade to CLM 5.0.1. For more information, see Work item 307924.
When you upgrade the RM application to version 5.0.1:
- As a supplement to the Interactive upgrade guide in the product documentation, see the RM migration wiki page. The article contains additional details, guidance, and troubleshooting information.
- When you upgrade from version 5.0 to 5.0.1, the upgrade command must include this argument:
- As you follow the steps in the Interactive upgrade guide,
be aware that these steps are missing:
If you are upgrading your Rational DOORS Next Generation from any releases of version 4.0 to 5.0.1 in a distributed environment where Jazz Team Server is installed on a separate server than your RM application, and you cannot remotely mount the drive where Jazz Team Server is installed, follow these steps:
- Go to the server where Jazz Team Server is installed and shut down the server.
- Copy the JTS_5.0.2_install_dir/server/conf/jts/teamserver.properties file to a portable drive.
- Go to the server where the RM application is installed and paste the file in the RM_5.0.2_Install_Dir/server/conf/rm directory, replacing the existing one.
- Continue with the steps in the Interactive upgrade guide to upgrade your RM server.
If you use the optional program Rational Reporting for Development Intelligence to customize reports, you must upgrade to the 5.0.1 version of Rational Reporting for Development Intelligence after you upgrade Jazz Team Server and the data warehouse to 5.0.1. For more information about Rational Reporting for Development Intelligence, see the related section in Reporting and the upgrade process.Rational Insight
Rational Insight 22.214.171.124 is compatible with the CLM 5.0.1 release. You must first upgrade the Jazz Team Server to version 5.0.1 before you upgrade Rational Insight. See the related section in Reporting and the upgrade process.Change and Configuration Management, Quality Management, and Requirements Management
If you are upgrading any of the Change and Configuration Management (CCM), Quality Management (QM), and Requirements Management (RM) applications from version 4.0 and later, see Upgrading to version 5.0.1. If you are upgrading from a version 3 release, first upgrade to a version 4 release, preferably the latest 4.0.x release. For more information, see Upgrading from version 3 to the current version.
If you are upgrading from a release that is earlier than 4.0.1 in a distributed environment (CLM applications are on separate servers) and you will not upgrade all CLM applications to 5.0.1, a mandatory workaround provides the appropriate base licenses that are required for the upgrade. See Work item 251460: Incorrect documentation for upgrading JTS and apps in a staged fashion when going from pre-4.0.1 to post 4.0.1 CLM release.
- Install the new Jazz Team Server.
- Install any missing licenses from the 4.0 functional client access licenses (CALs) .zip file by using the Admin licensing page in the web client. Use the ContributedCALs40xCompatible.zip file, which is available to download from this page.
- If you are upgrading the CCM application, first go to the Admin licensing page in the web client and delete the following CALs:
- CCM Data Collector
- Build System
- ClearCase Synchronizer
- ClearQuest Synchronizer
- If you are upgrading the QM application, go to the Admin licensing page in the web client and delete the following CALs:
- QM Data Collector
- RQM Connector
- Restart Jazz Team Server.