April 23, 2019
IBM Rational Team Concert
Task tracking · Source control · Agile planning
Rational Team Concert 18.104.22.168
Rational Team Concert 22.214.171.124 Release Notes
This release is a service release of Rational Team Concert 3.0.1. It contains fixes for product defects including important security updates. As such, it is a recommended upgrade for all RTC 3.x customers.
The following notes detail important fixes and known issues in this release of Rational Team Concert. For information about fixes and known issues in the Jazz Team Server and the Quality Management and Requirement Management applications, please ensure that you also read the Jazz Foundation 126.96.36.199 Release Notes, the Rational Quality Manager 188.8.131.52 Release Notes, and the Rational Requirements Composer 184.108.40.206 Release Notes.
Fixes Included in this Release
The 220.127.116.11 release of Rational Team Concert includes customer APAR and non-APAR defect fixes.
A detailed list of the public APARs fixed for this release can be found here.A detailed list of all public non-APAR fixes included in this release can be found here
Known Issues, Workarounds, and Additional Items
The following section contains a list of known issues, workarounds, and additional items of interest applicable to this release. To search for detailed support information for version 18.104.22.168, including the latest information on known problems and workarounds, use the Rational Team Concert search and enter 22.214.171.124 in the Additional search terms field.
Applying the 126.96.36.199 Service Release
Instructions for upgrading from 3.0.1 and earlier releases of Rational Team Concert can be found on the Upgrading tab.
Build System Toolkit for Solaris 10 (SPARC)
The Installation Manager Build System Toolkit offering now supports installation on Solaris 10 (SPARC) platforms.
Client for Eclipse 3.6 based Rational Software Development Products
An Installation Manager (IM) package is provided to allow installation of the RTC Eclipse Client into IM installations of Eclipse 3.6 based Rational Software Development Products such as Rational Application Developer 8.0, Rational Software Architect 8.0 and others. In addition, support has been added for 64-bit installations of the compatible Rational Software Development Products. The IM repository for this variation of the RTC Eclipse Client can be found here.
To install this extension offering with an Eclipse 3.6 based Rational Software Development product:
- Open the IM Preferences dialog and add the repository URL from the above link.
- Temporarily disable other IM repositories in the Preferences dialog
- Select Install from the main IM panel and then install the "Rational Team Concert - Client Extension" package.
- On the IM panel for selecting which package group to install into, select a package group containing one of the Eclipse 3.6 based products
ClearCase Bridge not Supported for Linux on System z
Users of the Rational Team Concert Eclipse Client on Linux on System z platforms should be aware that the ClearCase Bridge is not supported on that platform. This limitation is due to the fact that neither the Rational ClearCase Remote Client nor the Rational ClearCase SCM adapter support Linux on System z at this time.
ClearQuest Connector Support for ClearQuest 8.0
The Rational Team Concert 188.8.131.52 release adds support for ClearQuest 8.0 to the ClearQuest Connector. If you are planning to use the ClearQuest Importer with Rational Team Concert 184.108.40.206, please review the following article on jazz.net for important information about setting up your installation to enable this functionality - Tip: How to use Rational Team Concert ClearQuest Importer with RTC 220.127.116.11 and ClearQuest 8.0
ClearQuest Connector and ClearQuest 7.0.x
ClearQuest 7.0.x will no longer be supported by the ClearQuest connector.
The following new or updated tech notes detail specific issues known at the time Rational Team Concert 18.104.22.168 was made available. To find additional tech notes published after the release, visit the jazz.net library or IBM.com Support.
- Errors during install on Windows due to long paths to installation files
- Issue upgrading the Rational Team Concert ClearQuest (CQ) Synchronizer
- Default installation location for Windows Server 2008 prevents server startup and shutdown scripts from working
- Strings in different languages appear in the English version of the Rational Team Concert Eclipse Client
- Startup and More info Issues with Installation Manager GUI
- Tip: How to use Rational Team Concert ClearQuest Importer with RTC 22.214.171.124 and ClearQuest 8.0
- 'NullPointerException' error is incorrectly displayed when work item promotion fails
- Tip: Many jazzignore files appearing in unresolved changes on sharing a new project