December 5, 2014
Rational Team Concert
Task tracking · Source control · Agile planning
Rational Team Concert 188.8.131.52 interim fix 7a
The following notes detail issues in the Rational Team Concert 184.108.40.206 iFix 7a (Oct 10, 2011) that users and consumers of Rational Team Concert should be aware of.
The 220.127.116.11 iFix 7a release is a replacement for the previously released 18.104.22.168 iFix 7. It includes one additional fix to correct the client N-1 compatibility regression that was introduced in the 22.214.171.124 iFix 7 release. The 126.96.36.199 iFix 7 (and iFix 7a) release includes fixes for six APARs and 90 non-APAR issues. You can view the complete list of fixes on the 188.8.131.52 iFix 7 dashboard. Because our iFix releases are cumulative, customers who plan to upgrade from 184.108.40.206 iFix 6 or earlier should upgrade directly to 220.127.116.11 iFix 7a.
Detailed System Requirements
Consult the tech notes below for information about specific system requirements for Rational Team Concert 18.104.22.168 iFix 7a:
Installation and Deployment Issues
Please refer to iFix 3 release notes for Installing Activation Keys to Enable Floating Contributor on Express Edition
Client for Eclipse 3.6 based Rational Software Development Products
An Installation Manager (IM) package is provided to allow installation of the RTC Eclipse Client into IM installations of Eclipse 3.6 based Rational Software Development Products such as Rational Application Developer 8.0, Rational Software Architect 8.0 and others. Beginning with iFix 7a, support has been added for 64-bit installations of the compatible Rational Software Development Products. The IM repository for this variation of the RTC Eclipse Client is here:https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/22.214.171.124/iFix7a/install-repository/parts/client.ext/repository.config
It is also available as a downloadable zip archive here.
To install this:
- Open the IM Preferences dialog and add the repository above (either the jazz.net URL or the location where zip archive repository has been extracted).
- Temporarily disable other IM repositories in the Preferences dialog.
- Select Install from the main IM panel and then install the "Rational Team Concert - Client Extension" package.
- On the IM panel for selecting which package group to install into, select a package group containing one of the Eclipse 3.6 based products.
WebApplication Server Entitlement
Each valid license of a Standard or Enterprise edition of Team Concert includes a license to run one instance of WebSphere Application Server 7.0. Additionally, each valid license of an Enterprise edition of Team Concert includes a license to run an additional instance of WebSphere Application Server 7.0 in a high availability configuration. If you are downloading Team Concert 126.96.36.199 iFix 7a to run as a trial, you can download a trial of WebSphere Application Server 7.0. If you are purchasing Team Concert 188.8.131.52, you can download a full version of WebSphere Application Server 7.0 when you download the Team Concert activation keys at the IBM Rational licensing support site. Please ensure that you update your WebSphere Application Server installation to the minimum level as specified in the Detailed System Requirements for the Jazz Team Server 2.0.x server environment.
Must run "repotools -addTables" after deployment
If you are upgrading a server other than 184.108.40.206 or a 220.127.116.11 iFix you must run "repotools -addTables" after deploying the release but before running the server for the first time. This operation will add new tables that are required by changes in the Reports and the Source Control components. If you fail to do this you may see errors when the server attempts to create snapshots for the data warehouse or if you attempt to use symbolic links. If you are unable to perform this operation immediately after deploying this milestone, you can still perform the operation later without compromising the integrity of any component metadata. NOTE: If you performed this operation as it was required for a previous upgrade, you do not have to repeat the operation.
Must create JAZZTMPSPACE temporary tablespace after deployment
If you are upgrading a server other than 18.104.22.168 you must create a temporary tablespace called JAZZTMPSPACE before running the server for the first time. This tablespace is required by recent changes in the planning component. The detailed instructions for creating a tablespace can be found in the DB2 documentation. If automatic storage is enabled the temporary tablespace can usually be created with the following DB2 command:
create user temporary tablespace JAZZTMPSPACE managed by automatic storage
If you fail to perform this operation errors may occur when invoking planning operations. If you are unable to perform this operation before running the server you can still perform the operation later without compromising the integrity of the repository.
NOTE: If you already created the JAZZ_USER temporary tablespace for a previous release of Rational Team Concert, you only need to set the system config property com.ibm.team.repository.db.db2.temp.tablespace.name to JAZZ_USER so that it is used for temporary storage, if that operation was not performed previously.
Issues with Installation Manager 1.3.1
If you are attempting to update an installation prior to 22.214.171.124, you will first be prompted to update the Installation Manager to version 1.3.1. There are two issues with the Installation Manager 1.3.1 update which are described in the following IBM technotes:
- 21391538: Installation Manager sometimes fails to re-start when upgrading from 1.3 to 1.3.1
- 21391503: Update from Installation Manager 1.3 -> 1.3.1 (or later) does not happen automatically
Team Concert client for Microsoft Visual Studio Help
Use the Help Library Manager (HLM) to install the Help catalog for the Rational Team Concert client for Microsoft Visual Studio. The HLM uses the HelpContentSetup.msha file in a Help catalog to install content. The HelpContentSetup.msha file for the Rational Team Concert client for Microsoft Visual Studio is located at <install area>\HelpVs2010\en\helpcontentsetup.msha. For more information, in Microsoft Visual Studio, launch the HLM (Help > Manage Help Settings). In the HLM, click Help
The following new or updated tech tips authored by the development team detail specific issues known at the time Rational Team Concert 126.96.36.199 was made available. To find additional tech tips published after the release, visit the library.
- Rational Team Concert product activation kits now available via the IBM Rational License Key Center
- Rational Team Concert 188.8.131.52 coexistence with command line and client for Microsoft Visual Studio
- Symbolic link support in Jazz Source Control
- Guide for Importing Jazz Work Items from Bugzilla and Other Systems
- Eclipse Properties view incompatibility with the ClearCase Bridge in certain versions of ClearCase Remote Client
- Unable to import ClearQuest records into Rational Team Concert 2.0 or 184.108.40.206 using ClearQuest 7.1.1.x
- Unable to synchronize ClearQuest records to Rational Team Concert 2.0 or 220.127.116.11 using ClearQuest 7.1.1
- "Check for running servers" button removed from Installation Manager
The following new or updated tech notes authored by IBM Support detail specific issues known at the time Rational Team Concert 18.104.22.168 was made available. To find additional tech notes published after the release, visit IBM.com Support.
- Installing Rational Team Concert Client by extending an existing Eclipse 3.4.2 environment
- Specify an alternate JVM for the Rational Team Concert Client
- Unable to to login the server when using UTF-8 characters
- Switching to Planned Time mode can lead to endless loop
- Rational Team Concert: Errors during install on Windows due to long paths to installation files