IBM Rational Requirements Composer
Definition · Management · Analysis
Rational Requirements Composer 4.0.3
Upgrading to Rational Requirements Composer 4.0.3
Before you upgrade to version 4.0.3, review the following information. For advanced information about upgrading, see the Deployment wiki.Rational Reporting for Development Intelligence
If you use the optional program Rational® Reporting for Development Intelligence to customize reports, we are now recommending upgrading your Rational Solution for CLM applications BEFORE upgrading to the corresponding Rational Reporting for Development Intelligence 2.0.3 release. For more information about Rational Reporting for Development Intelligence, see the related section in Reporting and the upgrade process.Rational Insight
The Rational Insight 18.104.22.168 fix pack is compatible with the 4.0.3 release. If you have not upgraded to Insight 22.214.171.124, first, you must upgrade the Jazz Team Server to version 4.0.3. The applications can stay at prior CLM versions, but you must configure the "new with 126.96.36.199" data manager ETLs from Jazz Team Server 4.0.3. For more information about Rational Insight 188.8.131.52, see the related section in Reporting and the upgrade process and Upgrading to Rational Insight 184.108.40.206.Change and Configuration Management, Quality Management, and Requirements Management
If you are upgrading any of the Change and Configuration Management (CCM), Quality Management (QM), and Requirements Management (RM) applications from versions 3.0.1.x, 4.0, 4.0.1 or 4.0.2, see Upgrading to version 4.0.3. If you are upgrading from a version 2 release, you must first upgrade to a version 3 release, preferably the latest 3.0.1.x release. For more information, see Upgrading from version 2.
If you are upgrading from a release that is earlier than 4.0.1 in a distributed environment (CLM applications are on separate servers) and you will not upgrade all CLM applications to 4.0.3, a mandatory workaround provides the appropriate base licenses that are required for the upgrade. See Work item 251460: Incorrect documentation for upgrading JTS and apps in a staged fashion when going from pre-4.0.1 to post 4.0.1 CLM release.
- Install the new Jazz Team Server.
- Install any missing licenses from the 4.0 functional client access licenses (CALs) .zip file by using the Admin licensing page in the web client. Use the ContributedCALs40xCompatible.zip file, which is available to download from this page.
- If you are upgrading the CCM application, first go to the Admin licensing page in the web client and delete the following CALs:
- CCM Data Collector
- Build System
- ClearCase Synchronizer
- ClearQuest Synchronizer
- If you are upgrading the QM application, go to the Admin licensing page in the web client and delete the following CALs:
- QM Data Collector
- RQM Connector
- Restart Jazz Team Server.
If your deployment includes the RM application, note these two issues:
- To avoid ETL and server compatibility issues when you upgrade from a release earlier than Rational Requirements Composer 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168, upgrade the RM application at the same time as Jazz Team Server. For more information, see Work item 68057: RM 22.214.171.124 ETL fails after upgrade of JTS to 4.0.1 and Work item 74967: RTC and RQM become unreachable from RRC after upgrading JTS of distributed CLM 3.0.1 environment to version 4.0.3.
- To avoid licensing issues, ensure that the 4.0 RM Application-Internal license is assigned to the rm_user before you start the RM online migration. For more information, see Work item 68474: RRC online migration fails with licensing errors for rm_user. This license assignment is particularly important if you upgrade from a version 3.0.1.x release, because this error requires restoring from a backup and restarting.