December 4, 2017
IBM Rational Quality Manager
Quality management · Manual testing · Continuous improvement
Rational Quality Manager 6.0.4
Rational Quality Manager 6.0.4 New & Noteworthy
Rational Quality Manager is an integral part of the Rational solution for Collaborative Lifecycle Management (CLM). For new and noteworthy information about other applications, see these pages:
- Jazz Foundation (Jazz Team Server) and Global Configuration Management 6.0.4
- Change and Configuration Management 6.0.4
- Requirements Management 6.0.4
- Jazz Reporting Service 6.0.4
- Rational Engineering Lifecycle Manager 6.0.4
- Design Management 6.0.4
For a list of changes to the installation and upgrade process, see the CLM and IoT CE 6.0.4 Installation and Upgrade Notes.
New in Rational Quality Manager 6.0.4
For a complete list of new and noteworthy items in this release, see the New & Noteworthy Details.
For a summary of items in this release, see the following highlights:
Roll up test suite and test case results
You can now roll up test suite results, which means that you can compile the results from multiple test suite executions to create a new, consolidated result. The results are rolled up based on the current state of the test suite. In-progress results cannot be rolled up. Results cannot be rolled up if a test suite has more than one instance of the same test case and test script combination.
New calendar for reserving lab resources
A new calendar with Day, Week, and Month views is available for viewing and managing reservations for lab resources. The calendar contains new capabilities for moving, resizing, or deleting reservation periods. Color codes for different types of reservations, such as reservations for the current user and other users, and modified or conflicted reservations, makes using the calendar easier and more efficient. You can adjust the calendar attributes, such as size, time, and duration, to suit your needs.
New "Enable only baselines" mode supports creating multiple baselines, but not components or streams
A new mode for configuration management is available that enables you to create multiple baselines, but that does not add the complexity of multiple streams and components. You can enable this mode in a project area that does not support configuration management, but not in a project area that already supports configuration management. If you enable this mode, you can later enable the full configuration management capabilities, but you cannot disable the support for baselines within the project area. Specific baseline permissions are available that you can use to control access and updates.
Table view improvements
This release includes the following notable updates to the table views:
- Filter columns in list views by excluding results: In list views, you can now filter the column contents by excluding results.
- Resize columns in artifact table views beyond the page width: You can now resize the columns in artifact table views beyond the page width. The table columns are resized to the actual width that you specify and no other column widths are affected.
- Set a default display for columns in the Test Case section of a test plan: If you have the Administrator role and change the column display settings of the Test Cases section of a test plan, you can now save those settings as the project-wide default for tests plans.
- Set default column display settings for list view sections in editors: You can now set the table cell display style for all list views by using "My Preferences for Quality Management." In the Preferences window, on the List View Settings page, there is now a section where you can set the table cell display styles, such as word wrapping and font size, for all list views.
- Update a custom attribute for multiple artifacts at the same time: In tables that show custom attributes, you can now update a custom attribute for multiple artifacts at the same time. When you select artifacts in the table, you can assign a single value for a custom attribute for all the selected artifacts.
- Use the date format from the client browser when exporting to CSV: When you export content from a table view to a CSV file, you can specify to use the date format from the client browser instead of the international standard date format. You set this new option in Advanced Properties under the "com.ibm.rqm.print.service.PrintService" category and the "Use the date format from the client browser when exporting to CSV" property.
Edit manual test scripts directly in the test case editor
The test case editor has a new section named Edit Test Scripts Inline that enables you to directly edit and save any test scripts that the test case references. To use this feature, you add the section to any existing test case. If you create new a test case by using the Basic manual test case template, the new section is included automatically.
New in previous versions of Rational Quality Manager
For details about new features and functionality in previous releases, see these pages: