April 23, 2019
IBM Rational Quality Manager
Quality management · Manual testing · Continuous improvement
Rational Quality Manager 4.0.7
Upgrading to Rational Quality Manager 4.0.7
Before you upgrade to this version, review the following information. For advanced information about upgrading, see the Deployment wiki.Rational Reporting for Development Intelligence
If you use the optional program Rational® Reporting for Development Intelligence to customize reports, upgrade the Rational solution for CLM applications before you upgrade to the corresponding Rational Reporting for Development Intelligence release. For more information about Rational Reporting for Development Intelligence, see the related section in Reporting and the upgrade process.Rational Insight
The Rational Insight 184.108.40.206 fix pack is compatible with the 4.0.3 through 4.0.7 releases. If you want to use 4.0.7 and have not upgraded to Insight 220.127.116.11, you must first upgrade Jazz Team Server to version 4.0.7. The CLM applications can stay at earlier versions, but you must configure the "new with 18.104.22.168" data manager ETLs from Jazz Team Server 4.0.7. For more information about Rational Insight 22.214.171.124, see the related section in Reporting and the upgrade process and Upgrading to Rational Insight 126.96.36.199.Change and Configuration Management, Quality Management, and Requirements Management.
If you are upgrading any of the Change and Configuration Management (CCM), Quality Management (QM), and Requirements Management (RM) applications from version 3.0.1.x, or version 4.0 and later, see Upgrading to version 4.0.7. If you are upgrading from a version 2 release, you must first upgrade to a version 3 release, preferably the latest 3.0.1.x release. For more information, see Upgrading from version 2 to the current version.
If you are upgrading from a release that is earlier than 4.0.1 in a distributed environment (CLM applications are on separate servers) and you will not upgrade all CLM applications to 4.0.7, a mandatory workaround provides the appropriate base licenses that are required for the upgrade. See Work item 251460: Incorrect documentation for upgrading JTS and apps in a staged fashion when going from pre-4.0.1 to post 4.0.1 CLM release.
- Install the new Jazz Team Server.
- Install any missing licenses from the 4.0 functional client access licenses (CALs) .zip file by using the Admin licensing page in the web client. Use the ContributedCALs40xCompatible.zip file, which is available to download from this page.
- If you are upgrading the CCM application, first go to the Admin licensing page in the web client and delete the following CALs:
- CCM Data Collector
- Build System
- ClearCase Synchronizer
- ClearQuest Synchronizer
- If you are upgrading the QM application, go to the Admin licensing page in the web client and delete the following CALs:
- QM Data Collector
- RQM Connector
- Restart Jazz Team Server.
Migrate self-signed certificates on Apache Tomcat installations
If you use Apache Tomcat, you can import self-signed certificates when you upgrade. In the Jazz_Installation_Directory/server/tomcat/conf/server.xml file, Apache Tomcat is configured to read the server certificate from the Jazz_Installation_Directory/server/tomcat/ibm-team-ssl.keystore file. Typically, the default certificate is transferred during an upgrade. However, if you had a self-signed certificate from a Certificate Authority (CA) in your previous Tomcat installation, you can import and use it with your new server by completing the following steps:
- Copy the certificate file from the old installation to the new installation directory.
- Open the Jazz_Installation_Directory/server/tomcat/conf/server.xml file for editing.
- In the keystoreFile section, specify the self-signed certificate to use.
- Save and close the server.xml file.
- Restart the server.