February 28, 2014
Rational Quality Manager
Quality management · Manual testing · Continuous improvement
Rational Quality Manager 3.5 M3 Milestone
Rational Quality Manager 3.5 M3 "New and Noteworthy"
Here are some of the most noteworthy items in Rational Quality Manager 3.5 M3. In addition, this milestone includes any new features that were added for Rational Quality Manager 184.108.40.206.
Also included are descriptions of the new features in the previous milestones. See
New & Noteworthy in RQM 3.5 M1
In the "View Test Plans" list, there is a new "View As" action that lets you show different result sets. In addition to the "General" view, there is now a "Traceability" view that shows the CLM links related to each test plan. From the link columns, you can also associate CLM links directly to the test plan. For more details, see [QM] RQM traceability and live views - M2 story: Pilot implementation of a traceability aspect view for test plan list view (54373).
In M3, you can integrate DOORS and RQM using OSLC. To set this up, do the following:
- Add DOORS as a friend in the Jazz Team Server Administration page.
- Add DOORS as the Requirements Management (RM) provider for the RQM project.
- Associate an RQM test plan with the DOORS requirement view.
- Add a bi-directional link between an RQM test case and a DOORS requirement.
For more details, see [QM] RQM/Doors Integration - bi-directional link between RQM and Doors (54712).
It is now possible to export data in the following table views to CSV format, where the data can later be reused; Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scripts, Test Suites, Test Case Execution Records, Test Suite Execution Records, Test Case Results, and Test Suite Results. See CSV Export for table view data.
- Added new editor for Test Case Execution Records and Test Suite Execution Records. See Need editor for TCER and TSER records (52765).
- Added priority field for Test Case Execution Records and Test Suite Execution Records. See Need priority field on execution records (56218).
- You can now resize column width in tables simply by dragging the column dividers. See Column heading manipulation implementation (3679
- Improved handling of add and delee in the Test Script section of a test case. See Make use of the TableViewer's pending rows (to be added/deleted) capability in - Test case editor's test scripts section (55857)
- Improved handling of add and delee in the Test Case section of a test suite. See Make use of the TableViewer's pending rows (to be added/deleted) capability in - Test suite editor's test cases section (55858)
- Rich hover links now include an icon. For details see Compact rendering links in RQM should include icon (44175)
- Rich hover support has been implemented for test script links shown in the RQM web UI. See Add rich hover to all test script links on UI (55761).
- Added LOCK/UNLOCK request (remotescript, testsuite, and testsuitelog) and lock property (executionresult, remotescript, testcase, testplan, testscript, testsuite, and testsuitelog) support to the RQM Reportable REST API. See Provide the ability to obtain the boolean value of "Locked" for a RQM artifact (test script or execution result) via the REST APIs (55041).
- Rich hovers are now provided for Rational RequisitePro requirements. The rich hover shows all of the information that is provided by RequisitePro,
including the RequisitePro project, the content (tag, name, text, package, and so on), and a link to the RequisitePro requirement or view.
- Integrated RequisitePro requirements can now be migrated to Rational Requirements Composer.
- The user experience has been improved for reconciling requirement suspect status.
- It is now possible to exclude specific requirements from migration to Rational Requirements Composer.
- Improvements have been made to the DOORS integration.
- Improved documentation for the RQM Reportable REST API. See RQM reportable REST API.
Both the Adapter and Execution consoles now support paging.
The following new options are now available for weight and verdict roll-up when modifying test case results that are part of a test suite result:
- You can now set the Update Test Suite Result points and verdict when Test Case Result is modified execution preference to control whether or not the verdict and weight changes in a test case result are automatically rolled-up to the test suite result.
- From a test suite result, you can click the Calculate weight icon to update the weight of a test suite result to reflect the weights of the test case execution results created during test suite execution.
- Test case results now include a Related Suite Result panel.
You can now link test suite results to build records.
Users are now required to enter values for required custom attributes before closing manual script execution results.
The Rational Quality Manager integration with ClearQuest now supports automatic unblocking of test case execution records when a blocking ClearQuest defect is resolved. When you configure automatic unblocking, the change management integration service runs at a selected interval and checks for blocking defects that have been resolved. To use this feature, you must be using ClearQuest version 220.127.116.11 or later with the OSLCLinks package version 1.2. Follow these instructions to configure the change management integration service:
- Click Admin > Manage Application.
- Under Configuration, click the Advanced Properties section.
- Scroll to the RQM Change Management Integration section and click Edit.
- Enter a user name and password for ClearQuest.
- For Delay, type a value, in seconds, for the interval at which you want the change management integration service to run. The default value is 500 seconds.
|Products||Downloads Community||Our Story|