December 5, 2014
Rational Quality Manager
Quality management · Manual testing · Continuous improvement
Rational Quality Manager 126.96.36.199 M3 Milestone
Rational Quality Manager 188.8.131.52 M3 "New and Noteworthy"
Here are some of the most noteworthy items in Rational Quality Manager 184.108.40.206 M3.
Improved requirements capabilities
Improved documentation for the RQM Reportable REST API
Automatic unblocking of test case execution records when a ClearQuest defect is resolved
- Rich hovers are now provided for Rational RequisitePro requirements. The rich hover shows all of the information that is provided by RequisitePro,
including the RequisitePro project, the content (tag, name, text, package, and so on), and a link to the RequisitePro requirement or view.
- Integrated RequisitePro requirements can now be migrated to Rational Requirements Composer.
- The user experience has been improved for reconciling requirement suspect status.
- It is now possible to exclude specific requirements from migration to Rational Requirements Composer.
- Improvements have been made to the DOORS integration.
Both the Adapter and Execution consoles now support paging.
The following new options are now available for weight and verdict roll-up when modifying test case results that are part of a test suite result:
- You can now set the Update Test Suite Result points and verdict when Test Case Result is modified execution preference to control whether or not the verdict and weight changes in a test case result are automatically rolled-up to the test suite result.
- From a test suite result, you can click the Calculate weight icon to update the weight of a test suite result to reflect the weights of the test case execution results created during test suite execution.
- Test case results now include a Related Suite Result panel.
You can now link test suite results to build records.
Users are now required to enter values for required custom attributes before closing manual script execution results.
The Rational Quality Manager integration with ClearQuest now supports automatic unblocking of test case execution records when a blocking ClearQuest defect is resolved. When you configure automatic unblocking, the change management integration service runs at a selected interval and checks for blocking defects that have been resolved. To use this feature, you must be using ClearQuest version 220.127.116.11 or later with the OSLCLinks package version 1.2. Follow these instructions to configure the change management integration service:
- Click Admin > Manage Application.
- Under Configuration, click the Advanced Properties section.
- Scroll to the RQM Change Management Integration section and click Edit.
- Enter a user name and password for ClearQuest.
- For Delay, type a value, in seconds, for the interval at which you want the change management integration service to run. The default value is 500 seconds.
The following enhancements to reporting are included:
- Support for the IBM Rational RequisitePro to IBM Rational Requirements Composer migration
- Reporting now allows you to report on the link from a Test Suite Log to a Build.
- User-friendly project names for Live reporting. The live xdc file now lists the project names as the resource group name (instead of a generic numbered name), which allows you to more easily remember what name to use when running a live report.
- For Rational Insight users, there is a new XDC file that enables performance improvements for customers with a large number of projects.
You can find this alternative XDC file, called rqm3011-cross-project-etl-alternative.xdc, in the Reports > Download administration page.
You can use this XDC file instead of the default rqm3011.xdc file if you have a large number of project areas on your RQM server.
The default XDC file causes the ETLs to iterate over each project on the server one by one, thus retrieving resources individually for each project. With the new XDC file, the ETL will retrieve resources of all projects areas in one pass. This removes the overhead of the iteration. Rational Insight uses an ODBC driver that has an initialization overhead for every round-trip to the RQM server. For all resources of one project, this overhead sums up to an average from 3 to 5 minutes for each project in a typical server set-up.
The new ETL strategy minimizes server round-trips and therefore saves this time. For 100 projects, this could save up to 8 hours for every ETL run (delta as well as full loads).
The disadvantage of this approach is that in case of an error during the load, you would have to reload much more data than you would for a project by project approach where you would be able to pick up from the project that has failed.
In summary, if you manage only a few projects on your RQM server, it is best to stay with the default rqm3011.xdc file, even if you have large amounts of data in these few projects. If you have a large number of projects and want to cut out the 3-5 minute overhead per project, then we recommend trying out this new XDC file.
|Products||Downloads Community||Our Story|