December 5, 2014
Systematic and consistent project performance evaluation and tracking
Rational Insight 1.1
1Download Rational Insight
Review the release notes before installing to understand the system requirements and any known issues.
There are two packages in the offering: Rational Insight Data Service and Rational Insight. You need to install Rational Insight Data Service only if you want to read product data from product sources that do not have a built-in XML data service or a REST interface. Read the installation overview for information about the installation package, installation tasks, and installation scenarios.
- From the All Downloads tab, download the required packages. At a minimum, you will need Rational Insight disks 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and the Rational Insight 1.1 Hot Fixes.
- From the Optional Programs tab, download any required packages. At a minimum, you will need a database server if you do not already have a supported database server installed.
2Follow the Installation Guide
You might want to use the helpful road maps to determine the path best for you.
- Extract the contents of all the downloaded .zip files into the same temporary location.
- Launch IBM Installation Manager from the disk 1 folder:
- On Windows: Run the launchpad.exe file.
- On Linux: Run the launchpad.sh file.
The Rational Insight installation guide contains information and tips to step you through the entire process. Read the guide that corresponds to your deployment environment.
3Configure the installation
After installing Rational Insight, configure it. This is essential, regardless of the method you chose for installation - whether automatic or manual - although the actual configuration steps are different for the two methods. See the Configuration Guide that corresponds to your deployment platform: Windows (Rational Insight Data Service and Rational Insight) and Linux (Rational Insight Data Service and Rational Insight).
After you have set up Rational Insight, take a minute to explore the getting started hints and tips based on your role (administrator, data modeler, metrics engineer, report author, or report viewer,) or based on the component you want to use (data warehouse, ETL, XML Data Configuration, or Configuration Manager).
Visit the jazz.net forums
If you need additional guidance while setting up or using Rational Insight, please visit the jazz.net forums to ask a question. Rational Insight developers and other community members monitor this forum and answer questions.
Report a bug or submit a suggestion
If you find a bug or have a suggestion for an enhancement to Rational Insight, please create a work item.