March 22, 2018
IBM Rational Build Forge
Automate and accelerate build and release processes
Rational Build Forge 220.127.116.11
Download and install
The following sections guide you through which IBM Rational Build Forge files to download and how to install the product.
Note: The file labeled Linux for System z on the All Downloads page cannot be used with IBM Installation Manager.
Note: Installing the product on UNIX and Linux systems
without X Windows
IBM Installation Manager simplifies the installation of Rational Build Forge on UNIX and Linux systems. However, it requires X Windows. For information about an installation method that does not require X Windows, see Installing IBM Rational Build Forge using the command line on UNIX/Linux.
- Complete all preinstallation setup, including setting up a database for Rational Build Forge, as documented in the Pre-installation setup topic.
- Install IBM Installation Manager if you do not already have it installed. Visit Installation Manager downloads to get Installation Manager.
- Install a download manager as suggested in the Download tips page.
- Use the download manager to download the file labeled Rational Build Forge Console -- Full Installation from the All Downloads page.
- Extract the downloaded file.
- Start Installation Manager.
- Click File > Preferences, and enter the repository URL. Specify the directory where you extracted the console files as the repository.
- On the start page of Installation Manager, click Install, and follow the instructions in the Installation steps in Installation Manager topic.
- Optional: To install Build Catalyst, follow the installation instructions in the Build Catalyst topic.