September 8, 2017
IBM Rational Build Forge
Automate and accelerate build and release processes
Rational Build Forge 126.96.36.199
This page contains the following sections:
- Platform support. Rational Build Forge now supports the following platforms:
- Firefox 10 web client
- Red Hat Linux 6 update 2 for both console and agent
- IBM HTTP Server support: precompiled PHP modules are now provided for some systems to ease setup of this integration. See the help topic Using IBM HTTP Server instead of Apache HTTP Server in the Information Center. Precompiled modules are not provided for the following systems:
- AIX systems
- Solaris systems
For these systems you must compile the PHP modules. Get assistance from support.
- Faster file transfer between clients: streamed file transfer can be used for higher throughput. This is especially useful for very large files. See Configuring direct file transfer between agents in the Information Center.
- Component versions. Starting with version 188.8.131.52, Rational Build Forge uses later versions of its underlying components.
- Apache: updated from version 2.2.4 to version 2.2.17
- Apache Tomcat: updated from version 5.5.28 (Solaris) and version 5.5.9 (all others) to version 7.0.14
- PHP: updated from version 5.2.4 to version 5.3.6
- OpenSSL: updated to version 0.9.8r
The later versions provide better protection from security threats.
Rational Build Forge has changed its support for components compiled in the field. Check the system requirements and preinstallation requirements in document 7022401 on the IBM support site.
This release does not include IBM Rational Automation Framework for WebSphere.
If you are upgrading to this version of Rational Build Forge from a previous version that included Rational Automation Framework for WebSphere, any data that was created for Rational Automation Framework for Websphere is zipped and stored in