November 28, 2016
IBM Rational Asset Manager
A collaborative environment for creating and governing software assets
Rational Asset Manager 7.5
1Download and Install
- From the All Downloads tab, download the package for your platform.
- Extract the contents of the .zip file into a temporary location.
- Launch IBM® Installation Manager:
- On Windows® platforms: Run the launchpad.exe file.
- On Linux® platforms: Run the launchpad.sh file.
- For Windows and Linux platforms, you can install the IBM Rational® Asset Manager Eclipse client and server. For AIX and zLinux platforms, you can install the server and use the web client.
- If you already have a database installed, install the Rational Asset Manager server. If you do not have a database installed, install one. You can use the link from the launchpad to install an IBM DB2® database.
- Configure the Rational Asset Manager server by using the server setup utility; for instructions, see the Installation Guide. Use the 60-day trial license to complete the installation.
Before you upgrade, you must install or upgrade to version 8.1.1 of Rational License Server.
For Windows, Linux, and UNIX platforms, the latest version of the Rational License Server is available as one of the components that you can download from your Passport Advantage account when you purchase Rational Asset Manager.
If you cannot download the license server through your Passport Advantage account, you can also download it as follows:
- Log into the Rational Download Center. To log in, you must register an IBM ID and password.
- On the Download and Licensing Center page, near the "Downloads for evaluations" or "Downloads for end of quarter orders" heading, click Go here to download the Product.
- On the Rational Product Releases Page, select IBM Rational License Server V8.1.1 (or later) and then click Continue at the bottom of the page. Follow the prompts to download the license server.
To update Rational Asset Manager from a previous version, you do not need to use the launchpad. Instead, use Installation Manager:
- Open Installation Manager and click File > Preferences.
- In the list of repositories, add this repository: https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-asset-manager/7.5/7.5/install-repository/
- Click OK.
- Click Updates to update the product with this version.
2Follow the Installation Guide
The Rational Asset Manager installation guide contains information and tips that you can use to complete the entire process. Stat with the Installation roadmap to create the list of topics that apply to your specific installation scenario.
3Visit the jazz.net forums
If you need additional guidance while setting up or using Rational Asset Manager, please visit the jazz.net forums to ask a question. Rational Asset Manager developers and other community members monitor this forum and answer questions.
4Report a bug or submit a suggestion
The Rational Asset Manager development team uses their own tools to develop Rational Asset Manager. If you find a bug or have a suggestion for an enhancement to Rational Asset Manager, please create a work item.