March 16, 2018
IBM Rational Asset Manager
A collaborative environment for creating and governing software assets
Rational Asset Manager 220.127.116.11
1Download and Install
- From the All Downloads tab, download the package for your platform.
- Extract the contents of the .zip file into a temporary location.
- Launch IBM Installation Manager:
- On Windows: Run the launchpad.exe file.
- On Linux: Run the launchpad.sh file.
- For Windows and Linux, you can install the Rational Asset Manager Eclipse client, server, and DB2 database. For AIX and zLinux, you can install the server and use the Web client.
- If you already have a database installed, install the Rational Asset Manager server. If you do not have a database installed, you must first install one. You can use the link from the launchpad to install a DB2 database.
- Configure the Rational Asset Manager server by using the server setup utility; for instructions see the Installation Guide. You use the 60 day trial license to complete the installation.
2Follow the Installation Guide
The Rational Asset Manager installation guide contains information and tips to step you through the entire process. You can even use the helpful Installation roadmap to create the list of topics that apply to your specific installation scenario.
Upgrading? Downloads of Rational Asset Manager 18.104.22.168 from jazz.net are for new installations only. For upgrades, see the download document.
3Create a Rational Asset Manager image on the Cloud
Rather than downloading and installing the product, you can try Rational Asset Manager by creating an image on the IBM Development and Test Cloud.
4Visit the jazz.net forums
If you need additional guidance while setting up or using Rational Asset Manager, please visit the jazz.net forums to ask a question. Rational Asset Manager developers and other community members monitor this forum and answer questions.
5Report a bug or submit a suggestion
The Rational Asset Manager development team uses their own tools to develop Rational Asset Manager. If you find a bug or have a suggestion for an enhancement to Rational Asset Manager, please create a work item.