December 15, 2014
Rational Asset Manager
A collaborative environment for creating and governing software assets
Rational Asset Manager 7.5.1 M3 Milestone
1Download and Install
- On the All Downloads tab, download the package for your platform.
- Extract the contents of the .zip file to a temporary location.
- Start the IBM® Rational Asset Manager launchpad:
- On Windows® platforms: Run the launchpad.exe file.
- On Linux® platforms: Run the launchpad.sh file.
Tip: In the launchpad, the Optional Programs tab lists prerequisites for installing Rational Asset Manager.
- Start the IBM® Installation Manager:
- In the launchpad, click the Install link to start Installation Manager. If Installation Manager is not installed or you are using an earlier version of that product, Installation Manager is automatically installed or updated.
- After Installation Manager starts, click the Install link to start the installation of Rational Asset Manager.
- If a database is already installed, install the Rational Asset Manager server. If a database is not installed, install one. To install an IBM DB2® database, click the database link in the launchpad.
- Configure the Rational Asset Manager server by using the server setup utility. For instructions, see the installation topics in the help system. Use the 60-day trial license to complete the installation.
When you install this milestone use the trial license. To download the trial license:
- Log on to the Rational Download Center. To log on, you must register an IBM ID and password.
- On the Download and Licensing Center page, near the "Downloads for evaluations" or "Downloads for end of quarter orders" heading, click Go here to download the Product.
- On the Rational Product Releases Page, select IBM Rational License Server V8.1.1 (or later) and then click Continue. Follow the prompts to download the license server.
To update Rational Asset Manager from a previous version:
- In the launchpad, click the Install link to start Installation Manager.
- In Installation Manager, click Update.
- Select the installed Rational Asset Manager package group to update the product with that version.
2Follow the Installation Guide
The Rational Asset Manager installation guide contains information and tips that you can use to complete the entire process. Start with the Installation roadmap to create the list of topics that apply to your specific installation scenario.
3Create a Rational Asset Manager image on the Cloud
Rather than downloading and installing the product, you can try Rational Asset Manager by creating an instance of the Rational Asset Manager image on the IBM SmartCloud Enterprise.
Visit the jazz.net forums
If you need additional guidance while setting up or using Rational Asset Manager, please visit the jazz.net forums to ask a question. Rational Asset Manager developers and other community members monitor this forum and answer questions.
The Rational Asset Manager development team uses their own tools to develop Rational Asset Manager. If you find a bug or have a suggestion for an enhancement to Rational Asset Manager, please create a work item.