June 15, 2018
The foundation of the Collaborative Lifecycle Management solution
Jazz Foundation 6.0.2
Jazz Foundation 6.0.2 New & Noteworthy
Jazz Foundation is an integral part of the Rational solution for Collaborative Lifecycle Management (CLM). For new and noteworthy information about other CLM applications, see these pages:
- Change and Configuration Management 6.0.2
- Quality Management 6.0.2
- Requirements Management 6.0.2
- Jazz Reporting Service 6.0.2
- Rational Engineering Lifecycle Manager 6.0.2
New in Jazz Foundation 6.0.2
Global Configuration Management
- You can view the history of a component by using the Show History action.
- Audit details show who made what changes when, and differences between attributes, links, and events.
- Collapse or expand the level of detail on the History page by using the segmented buttons at the top of the page.
- Show Ancestors focuses on the configurations that led to the selected one.
- Filters determine the type and number of artifacts shown in each column.
- Successor and predecessor navigation is available from the selected node.
- Configuration leads can archive global configurations and global components. Use the new Archived check box on the Attributes tab of the Configurations or Components pages to archive. When a component is archived, all configurations of that component are also archived. After a configuration or component is archived, it does not appear in search or query results, cannot be edited, and is displayed only when referenced by an active configuration.
- Unarchiving an archived component brings the component back to an active state, and restores the configurations that were archived with it.
- An Archived Artifacts search scope was added to Quick Search and to the Welcome page.
Tag and search
- The search functions in Browse Components and on the Welcome page now search tags and titles.
- The Name and Tags fields in the Add Configuration and Select Configuration Context dialog boxes are combined into a single search field.
- Quick Search has a More Options field, where you can add tags as part of the search criteria.
- The Browse Components page has a Tags column.
Custom component attributes and links
Configuration leads can now create custom attributes and links for global components, as they can for global configurations. The Manage Project Properties page supports the Global Configuration and Global Component artifact types. The Components page shows Attributes and Links tabs, which replace the Overview tab.
Jazz Security Architecture single sign-on
Support for System for Cross-domain Identity Management (SCIM) was added for Jazz Security Architecture single sign-on (SSO). If you use Jazz Security Architecture SSO and a LDAP registry, you can use the SCIM support to replace your LDAP direct link with a SCIM connection between the Jazz Team Server and the Jazz Authorization Server. In particular, if you host CLM applications with a cloud provider, you do not need to expose your LDAP server to the cloud provider; you can configure the Jazz Authorization Server as a SCIM server and point the Jazz Team Server to it. For details, see Configuring the Jazz Authorization Server for the SCIM feature.
New in previous versions of Jazz Foundation
For details about new features and functionality in previous releases, see these pages: