July 7, 2020
The foundation of the Collaborative Lifecycle Management solution
Jazz Foundation 4.0.2
Upgrading to Jazz Foundation 4.0.2
Before you upgrade to version 4.0.2, review the following information.Rational Reporting for Development Intelligence
If you use the optional program Rational® Reporting for Development Intelligence to customize reports, you should upgrade to the corresponding Rational Reporting for Development Intelligence 2.0.1 release. You must upgrade Rational Reporting for Development Intelligence before you upgrade your server applications. For more information about Rational Reporting for Development Intelligence, see the related section in Reporting and the upgrade process.Rational Insight
The Rational Insight 188.8.131.52 fix pack is compatible with the 4.0.2 release. If you haven't yet upgraded to Insight 184.108.40.206, first, you must upgrade the Jazz Team Server to version 4.0.2. The applications can stay at version 4.0.0.x releases, but you must configure the "new with 220.127.116.11" data manager ETLs from Jazz Team Server 4.0.2. For more information about Rational Insight 18.104.22.168, see the related section in Reporting and the upgrade process and Upgrading to Rational Insight 22.214.171.124.Change and Configuration Management, Quality Management, and Requirements Management
If you are upgrading any of the Change and Configuration Management (CCM), Quality Management (QM), and Requirements Management (RM) applications from versions 3.0.1.x, 4.0, or 4.0.1, see Upgrading to version 4.0.2. If you are upgrading from a version 2 release, you must first upgrade to a version 3 release, preferably the latest 3.0.1.x release. For more information, see Upgrading from version 2.
If you are upgrading from a release that is earlier than 4.0.1 in a distributed environment (CLM applications on separate servers) and you are not planning to upgrade all CLM applications to 4.0.2, a mandatory workaround provides the appropriate base licenses that are required for the upgrade. See Work item 251460: Incorrect documentation for upgrading JTS and apps in a staged fashion when going from pre-4.0.1 to post 4.0.1 CLM release.
- Install the new Jazz Team Server.
- Install any missing licenses from the 4.0 functional client access licenses (CALs) .zip file via the Admin web UI licensing page. Use the ContributedCALs40xCompatible.zip file, which is available to download from this page.
- If you are upgrading the CCM application, first go to the Admin web UI licensing page and delete the following CALs: CCM Data Collector, Build System, ClearCase Synchronizer, and ClearQuest Synchronizer. Then, proceed with the upgrade of the CCM application.
- If you are upgrading the QM application, go to the Admin web UI licensing page and delete the following CALs: QM Data Collector, RQM Connector. Then, proceed with the upgrade of the QM application.
- Restart Jazz Team Server.
If your deployment includes the RM application, note these two issues:
- To avoid ETL issues, upgrade the RM application at the same time as Jazz Team Server. For more information, see Work item 68057: RM 126.96.36.199 ETL fails after upgrade of JTS to 4.0.1.
- To avoid licensing issues, ensure that the 4.0 RM Application-Internal license is assigned to the rm_user before you start the RM online migration. For more information, see Work item 68474: RRC online migration fails with licensing errors for rm_user. This license assignment is especially important if you upgrade from a version 3.0.1.x release, because this error requires restoring from a backup and restarting.