Download 7.0.2SR1 Release
The foundation of IBM Engineering Lifecycle Management
Related ResourcesProduct documentation Download tips
Jazz Foundation 7.0.3 M25 Milestone
Early Access Milestone | November 2, 2022
This is not the recommended version. We recommend Jazz Foundation 7.0.3 M30. This is made available for archival purposes and may contain bugs and/or security vulnerabilities. If you do download this version, it is being provided AS IS, without warranties of any kind, including the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. We strongly advise you review the support pages for this version and update the product or take actions recommended therein. Security bulletins contain instructions for the security vulnerability addressed therein, and may require upgrading to a newer version. Link to security vulnerability blog: IBM PSIRT blog.
For customized upgrade instructions for your environment, use the Interactive Upgrade Guide:
- If you are upgrading from version 6.0 or later, see the Interactive Upgrade Guide.
- Upgrading from a version 5 release to a version 7.x release is a two-step process. First, you must upgrade your server to the latest fix pack of the version 6 release, start the server, and ensure that the upgrade is successful. Then, you can upgrade to the version 7.x release. For details, see Upgrading from version 5 to the current version.
If you upgrade to this release, be aware of the following items:
For a successful upgrade and to reduce temp dbspace consumption, make sure you refer to the Oracle settings in Understanding DOORS Next sizings in ELM 6.x to estimate timings when upgrading to DOORS Next 7.x.
If you are upgrading from release 7.0 to 7.0.3, you must apply the latest available 7.0 iFix before running the repair tool (repairVersionsWithIdenticalTimestamp) command.
- To understand DOORS Next sizings in ELM 6.x and to estimate timings when upgrading to DOORS Next 7.x, see the Deployment wiki.
- Before you upgrade the DOORS Next application, make sure you verify the Jena index.
- Validate the DOORS Next indexes using the repotool_rm verifyJFSIndexes command. See verifyjfsindexes for more details.
- If the Index verification reports an error, rebuild the Jena indexes using the repotools-rm -reindex all command. See reindex for more details.
- After you successfully upgrade to 7.0.3, retain the upgrade logs for a year. IBM Support might need these logs if you open a support case.
- If the ELM applications to upgrade are co-located in the same WebSphere Application Server profile or WebSphere Liberty, you must upgrade all the applications at the same time.
- The required runtime environment and preferred server versions for the ELM applications are as follows:
- Java 8 with WebSphere Liberty 184.108.40.206
- Java 8 with WebSphere Application Server 9.0.5
- You must obtain new licenses for version 7.x applications if you are upgrading from any version 6 release. Version 7.x applications do not work with version 6.x licenses. However, version 6.x applications work with version 7.x licenses.
- If you use the Lifecycle Query Engine for reporting on Engineering Requirements Management DOORS Next, you might have to reindex the data sources after the upgrade. For details, see the Interactive Upgrade Guide.
- If you upgrade to version 7.x from a version 6.0.2 or later release of Engineering Requirements Management DOORS Next, the Interactive Upgrade Guide instructs you to query for whether artifacts have more than one current version, and, if so, to run the -repairMultipleVersionsMarkedAsCurrent repository tools command before the upgrade. This command addresses a known issue where concurrent changes to an artifact can cause version issues in configurations. The -repairMultipleVersionsMarkedAsCurrent repository tools command is available in 6.0.5 and in interim fixes of the earlier version 6 releases. For versions 6.0.2 through 6.0.4, you must apply the interim fix that contains the command before you can run it:
- 6.0.2 interim fix 013 or later
- 6.0.3 interim fix 008a or later
- 6.0.4 interim fix 003 or later
If you run the query and it detects more than one current version of an artifact, but the -repairMultipleVersionsMarkedAsCurrent repository tools command is not available, do not upgrade to version 7.x.
- If you upgrade from 6.x to 7.x, you must rebuild the full-text search indexes because the Apache Lucene full-text search engine was upgraded to a more recent version.
- When you upgrade the Engineering Lifecycle Management application, make sure you preview your theme and verify that it works. The theme might have to be updated in the new version of ELM.
Oracle settings for a successful upgrade
Important points to note when you upgrade IBM Engineering Requirements Management - DOORS Next
General recommendations when you upgrade to 7.0.3