IBM Engineering Lifecycle Optimization - Publishing
Generate reports across Jazz products and third-party tools
IBM Engineering Lifecycle Optimization - Publishing 7.0
IBM Engineering Lifecycle Optimization - Publishing automates the generation of document-style reports across your deployed Jazz and third-party tools, whether these reports are needed for formal reviews, contractual obligations, regulatory oversight, or ad hoc use. It allows for outputting high quality documents in formats like PDF, HTML, Word, Excel, or XSL-FO. It includes these components:
- Document Builder: Provides a web interface for building reports from templates, generating, scheduling, and viewing documents.
- Document Studio: Eclipse-based client application used for designing document templates through various views and wizards.
- Launcher: Eclipse-based client application used to create document specifications and generate output documents from these specifications.
New in IBM Engineering Lifecycle Optimization - Publishing 7.0
For a complete list of new and noteworthy items in this release, see the Engineering Lifecycle Optimization - Publishing 7.0 New & Noteworthy.
Some of the highlights are as follows:
Folder enhancements in Document Builder
- Create a new folder when selecting a folder (in the Select Folder window)
- Select a folder when creating a report or schedule, uploading an asset, or generating a document
- Drag and drop folders and assets from one location to another, to organize and move them with less effort
- Delete folders
- Copy assets from one folder to another
- Group artifacts by folders in the Design and Generate pages. Artifacts that are not grouped will appear in the default folder named "Ready-to-use Assets"
- Generate sample assets and view them under the default folder
- Group artifacts by folders, the Create folder icon is visible. Click the icon to create a folder
- Create nested folders by selecting an existing folder's checkbox and creating a new folder
- Move assets, reports, documents, or schedules from one folder to another
Generate comparison document in Document Builder
You can now generate comparison documents from Document Builder. In the Connections tab of the Design page, a new Base Configuration property is available in the Add or Edit Connection window. To generate a comparison document, select a base configuration and then a base document is generated and compared with the target document.
HTML output improvements in Desktop client
- In split HTML output, add icons to the table of contents
- Define a clickable region by adding an HTML snippet to an Image element of a template
- For split HTML output, customize the names of ToC, ToF, ToT, and Files
- Disable breadcrumbs creation for HTML output using the Disable Breadcrumbs property to improve navigation performance when the output is very large
Simplified document comparison in Desktop client
You can now specify another configuration as the base document under the same data source. IBM Engineering Lifecycle Optimization - Publishing (PUB) application generates the target document as well as the base document and then compares them to generate a comparison document.
New in previous versions of IBM Engineering Lifecycle Optimization - Publishing
For details about new features and functionality in previous releases, see these pages: