IBM Engineering Lifecycle Optimization - Publishing
Generate reports across Jazz products and third-party tools
IBM Engineering Lifecycle Optimization - Publishing 7.0.2
IBM Engineering Lifecycle Optimization - Publishing automates the generation of document-style reports across your deployed Jazz and third-party tools, whether these reports are needed for formal reviews, contractual obligations, regulatory oversight, or ad hoc use. It allows for outputting high quality documents in formats like PDF, HTML, Word, Excel, or XSL-FO. It includes these components:
- Document Builder: Provides a web interface for building reports from templates, generating, scheduling, and viewing documents.
- Document Studio: Eclipse-based client application used for designing document templates through various views and wizards.
- Launcher: Eclipse-based client application used to create document specifications and generate output documents from these specifications.
New in IBM Engineering Lifecycle Optimization - Publishing 7.0.2
For a complete list of new and noteworthy items in this release, see the New & Noteworthy Details.
For a summary of items in this release, see the following highlights:
Improved PUB document output for Null and Undefined strings
In the desktop client, scripts returning 'null' or 'undefined' values were displayed as empty strings in the output document. When these strings were parsed as XHTML output, document generation crashed. Scripts returning 'null' and 'undefined' values are now displayed as 'Null' and 'Undefined' in the output document.
Configure report supports search option in Document Builder
You can now search for the required connection by typing the connection name in the Connection field of the Configure report window. It lists all the connection names including the entered string.
Enhancement to Resource and Configuration pickers
When you add or edit a connection in Document Builder, if Document Builder is registered with a Jazz Team server (JTS), then the JTS Server name is pre-populated in the host details field of Resource and Configuration pickers.
Option to share generated documents and schedules with selected users
By default, Document Builder generates documents as private. You can change the document sharing option from private to public. There could be potential information leakage when you select the Make Public option and unintentionally share the document with others. You can now add owners when the document is set as private. When you generate a document or create a schedule, you can select the Add Owners button to add one or more available users. The selected users become the co-owners of the document and schedule.
You can do this activity at a later stage in schedules by selecting the Add owners button in the Update schedule window and in the generated document by clicking Share Controls in the Results tab to add users from the Owners and Permissions pop-up window.
New in previous versions of IBM Engineering Lifecycle Optimization - Publishing
For details about new features and functionality in previous releases, see these pages:
- IBM Engineering Lifecycle Optimization - Publishing 7.0.1 New & Noteworthy
- IBM Engineering Lifecycle Optimization - Publishing 7.0 New & Noteworthy
- Rational Publishing Engine 184.108.40.206 New & Noteworthy
- Rational Publishing Engine 6.0.6 New & Noteworthy
- Rational Publishing Engine 6.0.5 New & Noteworthy
- Rational Publishing Engine 2.1.2 New & Noteworthy
- Rational Publishing Engine 2.1.1 New & Noteworthy
- Rational Publishing Engine 2.1 New & Noteworthy