April 23, 2019
Analysis · Design change management · Lifecycle traceability
Design Management 4.0 interim fix 001
If you plan to connect Rational® Software Architect with the Design Management Server, you must download and install Design Management 4.0 iFix 001 for Rational Software Architect versions 8.5 and 188.8.131.52; this interim fix resolves a problem with the client extension. You can access the interim fix from the All Downloads page, and you can read more about the problem below.
After you connect to a server repository, when you edit a local UML model, the model becomes corrupt and unusable when it is connected to the server. This corruption occurs in both Rational Software Architect version 8.5 and version 184.108.40.206.
After you connect to a server repository, editing a local UML model might cause a path map reference, such as in the first example below, to be converted to a server reference, such as in the second example below:
This conversion causes model corruption. The local UML model is not usable without a server connection. For more information, see work item 34306.
Restrictions for installing the interim fix as an update
- Rational Software Architect Extension for Design Management, Version 4.0 must be installed.
- Ensure the product is not running when you install this interim fix. Also, ensure that all browsers and other applications opened by the product are closed.
- When you install the interim fix, use the same user account, or an ID with similar privileges, that you used to install the product.
- If you installed the product from disks or downloaded installation files, they must be available when you use the update feature.
Download the interim fix
- Download the interim fix files from the All Downloads page.
- Extract the compressed files in an appropriate directory. For example, extract to C:\temp\update.
- In IBM® Installation Manager, add the repository location of the interim fix:
- Start IBM Installation Manager.
- On the Start page, click File > Preferences, and then click Repositories.
- On the Repositories page, click Add Repository.
- In the Add repository window, specify the file path to the diskTag.inf file, which is located in the disk1 subdirectory in the directory where you extracted the compressed files, and then click OK. For example, enter C:\temp\updates\disk1\diskTag.inf.
- Click OK to close the Preferences page.
Install the interim fix as described in the instructions below.
Install the interim fix as an update to Rational Software Architect Extension for Design Management, Version 4.0
- Start IBM Installation Manager.
- On the Start page of IBM Installation Manager, click Update.
- If a new version of IBM Installation Manager is found, you are prompted to confirm that you want to install it before you can continue. Click OK to proceed. IBM Installation Manager automatically installs the new version, stops, restarts, and resumes.
- In the Update packages wizard, select the installed location for the product and click Next. IBM Installation Manager searches for updates in the product repository on the web, as well as any repository locations that you entered.
- By default, recommended updates are displayed and selected on the Update Package page. Ensure that you select Version 4.0 iFix001 for the product and then click Next.
- On the Licenses page, read the license agreements for the selected updates. On the left side of the License page, the list of licenses for the updates that you selected is displayed; click each item to display the license agreement text. If you agree to the terms of all the license agreements, click I accept the terms of the license agreements and click Next.
- On the Features page, select the features to update and complete the following steps:
- To learn more about a feature, click the feature and review the brief description under Details.
- To see the dependency relationships between features, select Show Dependencies. When you click a feature, any features that it depends on or that depend on it are shown in the Dependencies window. As you select or exclude features in the packages, IBM Installation Manager automatically enforces any dependencies with other features and displays the updated download size and disk space requirements for the installation.
- Click Next.
- On the Summary page, review the information that is displayed and then click Update.
- When the update process is complete, a message is displayed at the top of the page to confirm the success of the process. Click View log file to open the log file for the current session in a new window. You must close the Installation Log window to continue.
© Copyright IBM Corporation 2012