April 23, 2019
Analysis · Design change management · Lifecycle traceability
Design Management 4.0.5
Design Management 4.0.5 New & Noteworthy
The Design Management installer enables you to install the Jazz Team Server and several applications and client tools. For new and noteworthy information about parts of the Rational solution for Collaborative Lifecycle Management (CLM), see these pages:
- Jazz Foundation (Jazz Team Server) 4.0.5
- Change and Configuration Management 4.0.5
- Quality Management 4.0.5
- Requirements Management 4.0.5
New in Design Management 4.0.5
- Design Management
- Design Management for Rational Software Architect
- Design Management for Rational Rhapsody
Artifact Toolbar on an Impact Analysis DiagramIn the top-right corner of an Impact Analysis diagram, there is now a toolbar containing actions that can be performed on the selected artifact or artifacts. Press Ctrl and click to select more than one artifact on the diagram.
For more information, see work item 42744.
Interactive Impact Analysis Navigation Tree
The impact analysis navigation tree now exposes the artifact's context menu, so you can right-click on an artifact to view its context menu directly from within the tree.
For more information, see work item 42655.
Use of project explorer with Resource Picker
You can use the project explorer to select the resources you want to use for linking, or creating reviews.
For more information, see work item 38975.
Additional Browser Support
Browser support has been added for Internet Explorer 10 and Firefox 24.
In the 4.0.5 release, the default time-out values for licenses changed:
- Floating licenses: The default time-out value changed from 7200 seconds (120 minutes) to 3600 seconds (60 minutes).
- Token licenses: The default time-out value changed from 7200000 ms (120 minutes) to 1800000 ms (30 minutes).
In 4.0.5, the minimum time-out values for licenses are as follows:
- Floating licenses: The minimum time-out value changed from 7200 seconds (120 minutes) to 1800 seconds (30 minutes).
- Token licenses: The minimum time-out value remains at 1800000 ms (30 minutes). This value has been the same since the 4.0.3 release.
- Floating licenses: See step 4 in Installing and managing floating client access license keys.
- Token licenses: See the note in step 4 in Setting up the Rational Common Licensing token service keys.
In the 4.0.5 release, the reset frequency for the time-out of token licenses changed. Before this release, the time-out value was reset only after the license expired. Now, most actions reset the time-out value of the license to the value of the time-out. This change makes the resetting of the time-out for token licenses the same as for floating licenses. This change causes the lmgrd.log file on the Rational License Key Server to increase in size faster than it used to, because each reset of the license causes entries to be written to the lmgrd.log file. That file is in the common directory. For example, on Windows systems, the file is typically in C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\RationalRLKS\common\lmgrd.log.
Design Management for Rational Software Architect
Model element enhancements
Rational Software Architect Design Manager now supports two new BPMN elements - ComplexGateway and EventBasedGateway. New element properties have also been defined for MessageBroker and the IBM WebSphere MQ domains. These properties have been added to the Deployment Planning and Automation metamodel. You can import models containing these elements into Design Management Server 4.0.5 and view them with the Rational Software Architect Web Client.
User notification of comments
You can alert users to new comments you add with Rational Software Architect Design Manager Client Extension. To notify a user, enter the '@' symbol immediately before a user name in a comment.
You can use the Rational Software Architect Design Manager Client Extension to establish links between requirements in Rational DOORS and artifacts in Rational Software Architect Design Manager.
Design Management for Rational Rhapsody
You can use Rational Rhapsody DiffMerge to view and compare the version history of a resource in Rational Rhapsody Design Manager. For more information, see work item 41742.