April 23, 2019
Analysis · Design change management · Lifecycle traceability
Design Management 4.0.3
Design Management 4.0.3 Release Notes
Design Management 4.0.3 contains new features, quality improvements, and updates to supported platforms, as described in the system requirements.
For information about documentation and support resources, software and hardware requirements, and installation or upgrade steps, see the Getting Started page.
For known issues or important information about parts of the Rational solution for Collaborative Lifecycle Management (CLM), see these pages:
- Jazz Foundation (Jazz Team Server) 4.0.3
- Change and Configuration Management 4.0.3
- Quality Management 4.0.3
- Requirements Management 4.0.3
Design Management 4.0.3
To see important fixes and issues in this release, use the queries that are listed below.
Important: If you plan to deploy the Design Management Server on WebSphere® Application Server, review this security alert: Possible security exposure with WebSphere Application Server with WS-Security enabled applications using LTPA tokens.
Known problems and workarounds
For a list of known problems and workarounds that are published as Jazz.net workaround articles, see the workaround articles for 4.0.3 query.
To search for additional post-release issues that IBM Rational Support documented, visit the IBM Support portal.
Fixes in this release
For a list of all fixes in this release, see the defects fixed in 4.0.3 query.
The following APARs were fixed in this release:
- PM87769 - Error when rendering class diagrams. Event receptions are not visible in the digram editor
- PM88070 - Display thread creation caused a deadlock that hung the Design Management application
- PM88280 - Rational Software Architect Design Manager engine fails when used with Jazz Team Server (JTS) Basic authentication
- PM87797 - Stereotypes belonging to profiles with inter-dependencies are lost by the Import Engine
- PM87973 - The installation documentation needs to specify compatibility requirements with JTS FixPacks
- PM88281 - Rational Software Architect Design Manager engine fails when used with Jazz Team Server Basic authentication
- PM81428 - Attempts to re-import a Rational Software Architect model to Design Management 3.0.1 Server may display Error "CRJZS0215E"
- PM87770 - Persistent 'nodeType is NULL or no Object' error
- PM88693 - Wrong timestamp on email notifications
- PM87369 - Impact analysis diagram cannot be saved if the name contains a double quotation character
- PM87100 - Externally managed project areas can be selected when uploading a project via Rational Software Architect client extension
- PM87680 - Error on save review with Japanese Yen currency symbol
- PM87260 - If name of the import engine contains DBCS, the import request will be dropped
- PM87406 - Can't create workspace and snapshot if the name contains specific characters
- PM85390 - Logging out results in error SESN0008E
- PM86796 - Error on saving review if contains specific DBCS
- PM86795 - Error occurs on searching configuration if entering double quotation character
- PM87259 - Text in comment for a diagram is not saved if contains "<" or "&"
- PM86599 - Configuration space name and description are not encoded on the Design Management web client and server side
- PM86695 - Error on opening Model from client extension with internal browser if the model contains DBCS Japanese character
- PM86690 - Cannot use Snapshot/Workspace Wizard with a Japanese browser
- PM86190 - Pinboard table does not load in the IBM Rational Design Manager resource picker using Microsoft Internet Explorer version 8
- PM88694 - Wrong timestamp on email notification
Eclipse code modifications
IBM modified the Eclipse code; these modifications are referred to as the "SWT dependent classes." These modifications were contributed to the Eclipse Foundation and can be downloaded from www.eclipse.org. For details, see bug 409454.