April 23, 2019
Analysis · Design change management · Lifecycle traceability
Design Management 3.0.1
Review the prerequisites, release notes, and system requirements
Before you install IBM® Rational® Software Architect Design Manager or IBM Rational Rhapsody Design Manager, review the installation prerequisites, release notes, and system requirements for Rational Software Architect Design Manager, or system requirements for Rational Rhapsody Design Manager.
Download and install
For detailed installation instructions for the Design Management 3.0.1 release, see the Interactive installation guide. For quick, high-level 3.0.1 installation instructions, complete the following steps:
Important: If you are upgrading Design Management 3.0 to version 3.0.1, see the Upgrading tab.
- If you installed a previous milestone or release candidate release of Rational Software Architect Design Manager 3.0 or IBM Rational Rhapsody Design Manager 3.0, you must completely uninstall all components (the server, the server extensions, import engine, and client extensions) before installing this release.
- On the All Downloads tab, download the following .zip files based on the Rational modeling product that you use:
- IBM Rational Software Architect Design Manager - All
- IBM Rational Rhapsody Design Manager - All
- Extract the contents of the downloaded .zip files into a temporary location, so that you have the following directories:
- IBM Rational Software Architect Design Manager: RSADM_Setup, DM_Server, RSADM_Server, RSADM_ImportEngine, RSADM_Client
- IBM Rational Rhapsody Design Manager: RhapsodyDM_Setup, DM_Server, RhapsodyDM_Server, RhapsodyDM_ImportEngine, RhapsodyDM_Client
- Rational Software Architect: Install the client extension into an installation of Rational Software Architect, version 8.0 or later. Use the launchpad to begin the client extension installation process. If you do not have a licensed version of Rational Software Architect installed, you can download and install an evaluation version.
- Rational Rhapsody: Download, install, and configure Rational Rhapsody, version 220.127.116.11. If you plan to use Rational Rhapsody 18.104.22.168 with Rational Rhapsody Design Manager Client Extension, you must install version 3.0.1 of Rational Rhapsody Design Manager.
Visit the forums
If you need additional guidance setting up or using Design Management Server, visit the Jazz.net forums and post a question. Developers and other community members monitor this forum and provide answers.
Report a bug or submit a suggestion
If you find a bug or have a suggestion for an enhancement, create a work item.
© Copyright 2011 IBM Corporation