February 28, 2014
Rational Software Architect Design Manager &
Rational Rhapsody Design Manager
Analysis · Design change management · Lifecycle traceability
Design Management 4.0 M7 Milestone
Review the system requirements, prerequisites, and release notes
Important: If you installed IBM® Rational® Software Architect Design Manager 3.5 M1 or M3, or version 4.0 M5, you must uninstall them before you install the 4.0 M7 release.
Before you install Rational Software Architect Design Manager 4.0 M7, review the installation prerequisites, release notes, and system requirements for Rational Software Architect Design Management or system requirements for Rational Rhapsody Design Management. Much of the information for the 3.0.1 release also applies to this milestone.
Note: IBM Rational Software Architect 8.0.4 is a prerequisite if you want to install and use the client extension in this milestone.
Download and install
For detailed installation instructions for Design Management 4.0 M7, see the Interactive installation guide for IBM Rational Software Architect Design Manager 3.0.1, which also applies to this milestone.
Important: When you install Design Management 4.0, M7, you must use the Custom Setup option; do not use Express Setup. For details, see work item 25408.
For quick, high-level instructions, complete the following steps:
- If you installed a previous milestone or release candidate release of Design Management 3.0, 3.0.1, 3.1, 3.5, or 4.0 M5, you must completely uninstall all components (the server, the server extensions, import engine, and client extensions) before installing this release. Use IBM Installation Manager to uninstall any components from earlier releases.
- If you installed a previous milestone, release candidate, or final general availability release of IBM Rational Software Architect Design Manager 3.0, 22.214.171.124, or 3.0.1, or IBM Rational Rhapsody Design Manager 3.0, 126.96.36.199, or 3.0.1 do not install this milestone in the same directory structure.
- If you install this milestone on the same computer as a previous installation of IBM Rational Software Architect Design Manager 3.0 or 188.8.131.52, follow these instructions to ensure that there are no port conflicts.
- Do not install or run the import engine on the same computer as an existing installation of the import engine.
- IBM Rational Software Architect Design Manager - All
- IBM Rational Rhapsody Design Manager - All
- IBM Rational Software Architect Design Manager: RSADM_Setup, DM_Server, RSADM_Server, RSADM_ImportEngine, RSADM_Client
- IBM Rational Rhapsody Design Manager: RhapsodyDM_Setup, DM_Server, RhapsodyDM_Server, RhapsodyDM_ImportEngine, RhapsodyDM_Client
*_Setupdirectory, run the launchpad file, and then click Install the server.
- Rational Software Architect: Install the client extension into an installation of Rational Software Architect, version 8.0 4. Use the launchpad to begin the client extension installation process. If you do not have a licensed version of Rational Software Architect installed, you can download and install an evaluation version or Rational Software Architect 8.0.3, and then apply the 8.0.4 update using IBM Installation Manager. Rational Software Architect 8.0.4 is the only 8.0.* release that supports the client extension.
- Rational Rhapsody: Download, install, and configure the Rhapsody DM M7 Driver from this link. Run setup.exe to begin the client extension installation process.
- Rational Software Architect: On the Jazz Team Server Home page, click the link for Rational Software Architect Sample. On the Rational Software Architect Sample page, click Create Sample Project to import and view the sample.
- Rational Rhapsody: On the All Downloads tab, download and import the IBM Rational Rhapsody Sample Model.
Visit the forums
If you need additional guidance setting up or using Design Management Server, visit the Jazz.net forums and post a question. Developers and other community members monitor this forum and provide answers.
Report a bug or submit a suggestion
If you find a bug or have a suggestion for an enhancement, create a work item.
© Copyright 2012 IBM Corporation
|Products||Downloads Community||Our Story|