December 5, 2014
Analysis · Design change management · Lifecycle traceability
Design Management 3.5 M3 Milestone Candidate
Review the system requirements, prerequisites, and release notes
Important: A IBM® Rational® Rhapsody Design Manager M3 milestone build is currently not available, but will be soon; if you want to install Rational Rhapsody Design Manager, download and install the complete M1 milestone. Rhapsody Design Management M 1 is not compatible with the M3 candidate milestone.
Important: If you installed Rational Software Architect Design Manager 3.5 M1, you must uninstall the M1 release before you install the M3 release.
Before you install Rational Software Architect Design Manager 3.5 M3, review the installation prerequisites, release notes, and system requirements for Rational Software Architect Design Manager. Much of the information for IBM Rational Software Architect Design Manager 3.0 also applies to this milestone.
Important for Rational Software Architect Design Manager:
- IBM Rational Software Architect 8.0.3 is a prerequisite for this milestone.
- If milestone 1 (m1) of IBM Rational Software Architect Design Manager Client Extension is installed, you must uninstall that version.
- IBM Rational Software Architect Design Manager Client Extension, version 3.5m3 must be installed.
- To test the functionality for reverse
transformations, you must download an additional item for the IBM Rational
Software Architect Design Manager Client Extension from the
Downloads tab. However, if you installed this patch in the 3.5 milestone 1 release, you do not need to install the update; RSA-FeaturePatch-3.5M1.zip contains identical content as RSA-FeaturePatch-3.5M3.zip. If you have not installed this update, to install it, complete the following steps:
- Ensure that the following software is installed:
- Rational Software Architect, version 8.0.3
- Design Management, version 3.5 M3 or later
- Go to the installation location for Rational Software Architect, version 8.0.3 and locate the dropins folder.
- Extract the RSA-FeaturePatch-3.5M3.zip file in the dropins folder. The
dropins folder should have the following structure:
features CompareMerge_FP_20110630_1.0.0 feature.xml JavaUMLTransform_FP_20110630_1.0.0 feature.xml com.ibm.xtools.transform.ui_feature_patch_1.0.0 feature.xml plugins com.ibm.xtools.modeler.compare_7.60.310.v20110630_1740.jar com.ibm.xtools.transform.java.uml_7.5.810.v20110630_1740.jar com.ibm.xtools.transform.ui_7.100.310.v20110803_2126.jar
- Start Rational Software Architect, version 8.0.3.
- In the Plug-in Registry view, verify the location and versions of
the plug-ins listed above. If earlier versions are loaded, restart
Rational Software Architect by using the
- Ensure that the following software is installed:
Download and install
For detailed installation instructions for Design Management 3.5 M3 Milestone, see the Interactive installation guide for IBM Rational Software Architect Design Manager 3.0, which also applies to this milestone. For quick, high-level instructions, complete the following steps:
- If you installed a previous milestone or release candidate release of Rational Software Architect Design Manager 3.5, you must completely uninstall all components (the server, the server extensions, import engine, and client extensions) before installing this release. Use IBM Installation Manager to uninstall any components from earlier releases. However, you do not need to remove the Rational Software Architect 8.0.3 patch that you might have installed in milestone 1.
- If you installed a previous milestone, release candidate, or final general availability release of IBM Rational Software Architect Design Manager 3.0, do not install this milestone in the same directory structure.
- If you install the design management portion on the same computer as a previous installation of IBM Rational Software Architect Design Manager 3.0, follow the instructions to ensure that there are no port conflicts.
- Do not install or run the import engine on the same computer as an existing installation of the import engine.
- IBM Rational Software Architect Design Manager - All
- IBM Rational Software Architect Design Manager: RSADM_Setup, DM_Server, RSADM_Server, RSADM_ImportEngine, RSADM_Client
*_Setupdirectory, run the launchpad file, and then click Install the server.
- Rational Software Architect: Install the client extension into an installation of Rational Software Architect, version 8.0 3. Use the launchpad to begin the client extension installation process. If you do not have a licensed version of Rational Software Architect installed, you can download and install an evaluation version.
- Rational Software Architect: On the Jazz Team Server Home page, click the link for Rational Software Architect Sample. On the Rational Software Architect Sample page, click Create Sample Project to import and view the sample.
Visit the forums
If you need additional guidance setting up or using Design Management Server, visit the Jazz.net forums and post a question. Developers and other community members monitor this forum and provide answers.
Report a bug or submit a suggestion
If you find a bug or have a suggestion for an enhancement, create a work item.
© Copyright 2011 IBM Corporation
|Products||Downloads Community||Our Story|