IBM Continuous Engineering Connector for IoT
Use Jazz capabilities when developing IoT solutions components that run on IBM Bluemix
IBM Continuous Engineering Connector for IoT 0.9.0.1
Getting started with the IBM Continuous Engineering Connector for IoT (CE4IoT)
This technical preview helps teams extend their development practices when building IoT solution components using the IBM Watson IoT Platform. The connector enables you work with a design view of your IoT solution, including devices, rules, and Node-RED flows. In this design view you can link between these platform artifacts and any other element in the Rational Continuous Engineering solution, including requirements, work items, test cases, and UML or SysML model elements. You can also use Rational Engineering Lifecycle Management (RELM) for traceability and impact analysis of potential changes to your IoT solutions.
With the CE4IoT Connector, you can use continuous engineering capabilities to help develop enterprise-level IoT solutions that will deliver enterprise level value. The connector makes this possible by placing objects in IBM Rhapsody Design Manager that represent IBM Watson IoT Platform resources, enabling them to participate in change management, impact analysis, planning and release tracking, requirements-driven development, requirements-driven testing, test-driven development, designing for IoT analytics and other development practices. These objects include links to the actual resources in the IBM Watson IoT Platform and Node-RED, simplifying navigation between these environments.
The IBM Continuous Engineering Connector for IoT (CE4IoT) works with the IBM IoT Continuous Engineering Solution 6.0.2 (and the Rational solution for Collaborative Lifecycle Management 6.0.2) and later, including Rational Team Concert 6.0.2+, Rational DOORS Next Generation 6.0.2+, Rational Quality Manager 6.0.2+, Rhapsody Design Manager 6.0.2+, and Rational Rhapsody 8.1.5+.
- If you are new to CE4IoT, read the Concepts section in the CE4IoT User Guide.
- Read the release notes to find out about known issues with this release.
- Consult the system requirements in the documentation to find out about supported platforms and memory requirements.
- Download the installation package from the All Downloads tab.
- Unzip the download into a folder of your choice. After the installation is finished you can remove this folder and its contents.
- Follow the instructions in the Installation Guide to install the CE4IoT components.
Follow the instructions in the User Guide to configure the CE4IoT connector.
Ask questions, get help, and give feedback in the Jazz.net forum. Include the tag "IOT".